Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Cossie rear beam "doughnut" bush...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:46 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cossie rear beam "doughnut" bush...

I have a rear beam with polybushes fitted in the garage (nothing else on there) for the 2wd cossie, and a rear beam on the car attached to everything (diff, etc...).

I want to put the polybushes on the car... would it be easier to remove the bushes from the spare beam and then transfer them on the car's beam, or, take the whole beam out of the car, then transfer diff, etc... onto the spare beam

Tried to remove the polybushes (donught ones) from the spare beam today, and it isn't happeneing, I wonder if the only way to get them off is to destroy them

Hope this all makes sense
Old 10-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Azrael
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea how to remove the bushes fromt he spare beam (you will probably need hydraulic press), but when you have them out changing the bshes is very easy and very quick job. If there isn't any problem with threads falling ot and things like that it's 20 minutes job with time for tea brake.

You just raise the car, unbolt one sid of the beam, put a pice of wodode exactly on the centre on the doughnut, rise the car up by the beam, the bush falls out, you put new one in using the same method.

BUt can become complicated - in y case thread snapped in the nut welded to the chassis, and we nneded new bolt, and get rid of interior, cut out a hole in the interior flootr and get to the nut with new one :-/