Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Please help knocking XR3I and model query!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM
StewXR3I
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help knocking XR3I and model query!!!

[/flash] I have a mk5 XR3I (130ps). I have had the car for approx 8 weeks and am trying desperately to get it working in all its original glory. So far it has had new wishbones and CV boots both sides, a new tail box and exhaust mounts, new rubber all round, engine has been degreased, a new panel air filter and treated the fuel system to some redex. But in this time the engine bay has developed a knocking noise. This noise is fairly loud and its from the engine area. It seems to occur under moderate acceleration in first and second gear, over bumps and ditches and sometimes under harsh cornering. its not a rattle, just a single knock. i know it sounds like something is loose or rolling around but where do I start to look? could it be a damaged clutch? Or loose drivebelt? Or something I havent done correctly? And why doesnt this model of XR3I get mentioned in your mag or other car mags? is there something wrong with the car? I think it is very understated. help me get this great FORD back to its former glory PLEASE!