Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo V6 brakes

Search this Thread

Old 25-04-2005, 07:08 PM
snakebite953
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo V6 brakes

Hi there, I have a V6 Mk2 Mondeo (R reg) + my ABS and TCS lights have both come on recently, and show no signs of going away, apart from the occasional flicker. If i disable TCS then the light is permanently on (as you would expect) and just the ABS flickers.

It only seems to clear for half a second or so when the brakes are applied hard, particularly at a standstill. The pads dont have wear indicators so that isnt it, and the system has been bled recently to no effect. The brakes perform fine, apart of the obvious lack of ABS.

Any ideas? Could it be one of the sensors? Or something more sinister?

Is there any info to be gained from the diagnostic plug (next to the left suspesion strut) that can be gained using just a multimeter, or will it have to go to the dealer? If i know what the fault is i can fix it myself, i just can't seem to diagnose this one!

Any help most appreciated.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:36 PM
snakebite953
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What i am mainly after is any way of just getting the fault code from the system so i know what is wrong

can anyone help?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:22 PM
nicksaph
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mate you would really need to get it to a dianostic firm to get it code read.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:28 PM
jon@work
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've heard that on some Audis, if the battery is on its way out, the traction and ABS lights start playing up - there isn't enough juice to power up the systems properly. Could be the same with your car - are the battery and alternator in good nick? Any starting/charging problems?