Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

fuei injector

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 03:41 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
Default fuei injector

hello people.i have a 2wd stg1 saff its sounds like its running on three cylinders in fact it is done all the usuall stuff cap leads rotor faze timming sencor all good pull of the wiring plug on no2 cylinder it doesnt alter the tickover it makes no impression on the engine at all theres over 12v at the plug so im assuming the injectors fuckered when i say no2 cylinder its the one nearest the bulkhead can anyone confirm this allso has anyone got any yellows that i can buy even a hole set when i say wiring plug i mean the injector plug thanks in advance ray.what i meant to add if anyone got any yellows to sell text or call please 07816979215 thanks ray

Last edited by ray barker; 07-11-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:56 AM
20/20 vision
Regular Contributor

Location: it's not where you are, it's where you've been and where you hope to be
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

your post's a little confusing cos #4 is nearest the bulkhead!

have you replaced the plugs?

if you're sure they are ok and the problem is with injectors pull the plug leads and crank it over. does it sound like there's compression on all cylinders whilst cranking?

then pull the plugs and see if there's unburned fuel on all cylinders since if any injectors are not opening there will be none in that cylinder.

then replace plugs, fire it up on the 3 working cylinders again to burn off the residual fuel from the previous test. then swap the injector connectors between an adjacent 'good' cylinder and the 'bad' cylinder -this will help to determine if the problem is with the injector or the electrical connection to the injector (or the ecu)
Old 08-11-2020, 12:34 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

thanks for your reply.in the direction of the firing order no2 is nearest the bulkhead.it is spark plug no4 as you say nearest the bulkhead compression test is very good on all cylinders supposed to be 8.5 bar warm full throttle injector plugs of all cylinders are just over 9.00 bar may because i had the block skimmed and the head once many years ago.all the electrical side is good plugs cap leads rotor faze sencor.by pulling the injector plug of on the offending cylinder it has no impreesion on the running of the engine.ive fitted four new spark plugs and three are sooted up but the offending cylinder is as shinney as when i fdirst put it on ill swop the injector around to see if ican move the problem to another cylinder theres 12v or just over to the offending injector plug. i dont suppose you no anyone with a set of yellows i could but thanks again for the reply its people like you that make tis site so good
Old 12-11-2020, 01:26 PM
Mad_Mat
New Owner

Received 93 Likes on 90 Posts

Ecu available Click here