Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Individual throttle bodies design.

Old 25-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Capri71
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Individual throttle bodies design.

I am attempting to design and produce an ITB intake for the Duratec V6. I know one exists to buy but its over priced and not ideally designed. At least not ideal for my application anyway. Its way too tall among other things.
Im making a master pattern which is based on a std lower intake manifold, modified extensively with bike throttle bodies grafted on top. Ive got the main thing done pretty much and Im working on adding flanges and bosses for actuator, linkage and TPS. After that Ill make a silicone mould with it, make wax patterns with that and hand them to the casting company.

THE QUESTION

What vacuum connections shall I put on them? do I need balancing screws on each to adjust them? (drilled to before and after throttle) Should I add some for MAP sensor? (drilled to before throttle?) What about PCV? (below throttle?) I want to be able to sell these things so I need them to have what people will need!

Cheers

Last edited by Capri71; 25-10-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Search this Thread