Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Convers+ & entertainment system gremlins please help

Search this Thread

Old 13-05-2017, 08:57 PM
scott2007
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Convers+ & entertainment system gremlins please help

FORD MONDEO TITANIUM 2.0TDCI 2008

I admit, i have posted about this in two or three forums groups but as yet have had no luck.

3rd time lucky??

As briefly as i can, i will list probs

Convers+ stuck on Trip Computer & Settings 99% of the time, i say 99% because occasionally when i press to power on the Sony entertainment system i do, but very briefly and never lasting for more than about 30 seconds get the menu for this!

Sony entertainment system does NOT hold memory for clock/date and NEVER recognises if the ignition is on or engine is running as always flashes the 1 hour signal. It also intermittently turns off and on of it's own accord!!

Intermittent airbag warning light comes on. This don't always illuminate but the only way to get it off is turn ignition off and completely remove key.

As far as i am aware there are no other electrical issues with the vehicle.

I have had it plugged into an on board diagnostics device and although few error codes appeared, none were related to any of the above and none could be cleared, or them that were cleared immediately came back!

HOWEVER

They were ALL said LOSS OF COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE

Someone must have experienced something similar? Vehicle has already had a factory spec battery replacement 4 days ago.
Old 13-05-2017, 09:01 PM
scott2007
Virgin

Missed a few bits of information off the above

Airbag sensors been checked below both seats, seems this very common fault where the sensors get either replaced or hard wired has already been done before i purchased the car.

The Sony entertainment system ALWAYS holds all radio presets and never asks for the code unless the battery is disconnected.

The new battery is not losing power so nothing is draining it. (Which was a suggestion a couple weeks ago on another forum)
Old 16-05-2017, 05:22 PM
scott2007
Virgin

91 views, an average of 21 viewing at any one time yet no one has a clue what my problems are?
Is it common is it definitely software if it is is it certainly the bcm WHAT?