Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Please I need help

Search this Thread

Old 25-04-2017, 02:38 AM
Tdcipower
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please I need help

I have a fiesta zetec s tdci when driving under load there is a rattling sound from 1000-2000 rpm rpm,,not long brought the but had no service history any ideas people I'm worried 😓
Old 25-04-2017, 06:24 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=Tdcipower;6732136]I have a fiesta zetec s tdci when driving under load there is a rattling sound from 1000-2000 rpm rpm,,not long brought the but had no service history any ideas people I'm worried 😓[ is the noise coming from the gear box they can make that kind of noise. run it on axle stands and find out do it up against a wall if your not competant for obvious reasons
Old 08-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Tdcipower
Virgin

Default No idea

I'm not sure mate I will have to try that,what is it in the gearbox that makes this noise is it the difference or clutch pate or csc? Thanks for your help
Old 08-05-2017, 08:15 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

modern run of the mill diesel cars make a bit of g/b noise. i wouldnt say clattering ther just not made to fine tolerance by shimming shafts bearings etc newer stuff takes allot thinner oil these days from the treacle that once was in them. new citroen m8 bought recent whine like fuk thats bran new. i cant hear yours just run it past some body in the no. make sure its got the right oil in it its a common mistake
Old 10-05-2017, 02:15 AM
Tdcipower
Virgin

Only thing I ever put in my cars is lucas low sulpar and ash 5/30 oil it's suppose to be better than regular oils bit not sure what would.you say