Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Sierra saphire glsi boa conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Baileyboi
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra saphire glsi boa conversion

Does anybody know of any info on the boa cosworth engine mounts, are they the same as the saphire? Is this a hard conversion, hard as in sourcing the parts Any information would be appreciated cheers
Old 04-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Marc sierra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts

The engine mounts are the same as for other 2wd Sierras/Granadas mk3.

The BOA conversion of my sapph is described in my project thread, below in my sig.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:40 PM
mk22door
Fart of the Purniture

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Technically speaking are you asking about the engine mounting brackets which bolt to the block?

If so, yes, you need to be careful and as said in your other thread it depends on which engine crossmember you have.

If you mean the rubber bushings ('mounts' as most refer to them) which the brackets sit on then yeah, they are mostly the same as Marc has said BUT the early mk1 Sierra has mounts the same as 4x4, so beware.

All depends what you have to start with or which path you want to go down.

Im about half way through mine, I got standard BOA with BOA engine mounting brackets sat on BOA bushes which is all sat on Sapphire Cosworth engine crossmember with Sapphire Cosworth steering knuckles, ARB, TCA's etc (basically Sapphire Cosworth front end running gear)
Old 07-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Baileyboi
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mk22door
Technically speaking are you asking about the engine mounting brackets which bolt to the block?

If so, yes, you need to be careful and as said in your other thread it depends on which engine crossmember you have.

If you mean the rubber bushings ('mounts' as most refer to them) which the brackets sit on then yeah, they are mostly the same as Marc has said BUT the early mk1 Sierra has mounts the same as 4x4, so beware.

All depends what you have to start with or which path you want to go down.

Im about half way through mine, I got standard BOA with BOA engine mounting brackets sat on BOA bushes which is all sat on Sapphire Cosworth engine crossmember with Sapphire Cosworth steering knuckles, ARB, TCA's etc (basically Sapphire Cosworth front end running gear)
cheers for the info, always wanted a saphire cozzy but the closest to what I can afford is a standard saphire and put boa in.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:33 PM
mk22door
Fart of the Purniture

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Me too mate, missed the boat about 10 years ago I reckon.

I like the 24v, had one in a XR4x4 went okay so RWD should be much better.

You'll need to think about which gearbox you are going to use so you can plan a suitable flywheel and clutch combination.