Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo mk4 tyre pressure system

Old 06-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mondeo mk4 tyre pressure system

Evening Guys.
I have just bought a mk4 mondeo with the tyre pressure monitoring system on it, and I was wondering if you can disable the system some how? as I want to fit different alloys too it (not sure on final style I'm going to stay with yet) so in stead of going to the expense and agro of swapping the sensors everytime I change the wheels can it be switched off easily.
Cheers
Old 07-03-2017, 05:29 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I would look into it more, however if it's the same as my cmax, it doesn't have sensors in the wheels. Instead it uses the abs sensors to measure the rolling circumference of each wheel, if one of them changes then this would indicate a flat tyre, thus bringing on the warning.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Richie the system on the mine actually monitors the live tyre pressure's by the looks of it unfortunately, so more of a pain to get round. (goes ofrf to search the internet for inspiration on what wheels to get that will suit the Sea grey)

Search this Thread