Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

floppy clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Luke Trundell
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow floppy clutch

hello people of le internet !

basically im that twonk who swapped a 2.0l engine into a 1.4 shell with an AC delete where the recipient didnt have he system installed

but enough of that, ive been driving the car for a grand total of 4 days since the swap and while on the motorway in 5th i stabbed the clutch (a bit hard ill admit) and it wouldnt re-engage. i waited a while and coasted happily up the off ramp and then it came back.sat at my friend's and tried to drive home after - same thing happened again but much more frequently. i had a couple of mates come meet me to try and bleed it out but the pedal would work for a little while then just go totally limp !!!
i also noticed a slight screeching sound when driving home and revmatching afterwards. has this type of thing happened to anyone before ? how did you fix it ? if it needs a new clutch i think ill end up putting an st170 gearbox on it since itll all be coming apart anyway

plz halp !
Old 01-03-2017, 06:26 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke Trundell
hello people of le internet !

basically im that twonk who swapped a 2.0l engine into a 1.4 shell with an AC delete where the recipient didnt have he system installed

but enough of that, ive been driving the car for a grand total of 4 days since the swap and while on the motorway in 5th i stabbed the clutch (a bit hard ill admit) and it wouldnt re-engage. i waited a while and coasted happily up the off ramp and then it came back.sat at my friend's and tried to drive home after - same thing happened again but much more frequently. i had a couple of mates come meet me to try and bleed it out but the pedal would work for a little while then just go totally limp !!!
i also noticed a slight screeching sound when driving home and revmatching afterwards. has this type of thing happened to anyone before ? how did you fix it ? if it needs a new clutch i think ill end up putting an st170 gearbox on it since itll all be coming apart anyway

plz halp !
if its got a slave cylinder or some other means of ajustment start there
Old 01-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

You need to check the master and the slave and then check for leaks and then bleed the whole system through with a full bottle of fluid in case it has taken on water.

Start from there and then look at clutch etc but sounds hydraulic to me.