Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford finesse 1.3

Search this Thread

Old 20-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Hodders
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford finesse 1.3

Hi guys can anyone help please. My wife as a 2003 fiesta finesse with the duratec engine. It's started to cut out when comming up to junctions and to a stop. I've cleaned the the throttle body disconnected the battery so on but still have the problem . Inspected the breather pipes what I can are visible to the eye and all seem right. Is there anything else like a idle valve or anything that it could be. Wondering if there's one behind manifold. Any help at all please would be very grateful
Old 27-02-2017, 12:43 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Hodders
Hi guys can anyone help please. My wife as a 2003 fiesta finesse with the duratec engine. It's started to cut out when comming up to junctions and to a stop. I've cleaned the the throttle body disconnected the battery so on but still have the problem . Inspected the breather pipes what I can are visible to the eye and all seem right. Is there anything else like a idle valve or anything that it could be. Wondering if there's one behind manifold. Any help at all please would be very grateful
Where the speedo cable goes into the top of the gear box their should be an electronic plug. Unplug that and try and drive it and let me know if it stops cutting out. Some have a cable and speed sensor some have just the speed sensor