Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

New Clutch Required

Search this Thread

Old 30-11-2014, 07:58 PM
LeedsDale
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Clutch Required

Hi guys , this is my first post so bare with me.
After just having a Dreamscience remap on my 225 Focus ST ive noticed that my clutch is slipping in 5th gear when i give it a bit. Apparently this is common.
so i need to upgrade the clutch to a Rs clutch. Im told the the RS clutch will fit straight on to my existing flywheel. Now being a tight Yorkshire man i intend to do this as cheap as possible by using a Luk RS clutch(from eurocarparts) and a local mechanic, there are 2 clutch kits on eurocarparts a Luk and a remanufactured. Could anyone tell would any of these do the job and what does it mean when it says "without bearing" under the product info? and would any of you consider going down the same road as me. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:20 PM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default without bearing

most clutch kits these days are 3 piece-friction plate,pressure plate and release bearing-its good practice to change all-and if you have a solid flywheel check it and get skimmed if necessary,if you have a dual mass its better to replace that too while all apart
without bearing i would assume is without the clutch release bearing

i"m not familiatr with focus and type of release bearing ftted but whatever type its best getting it all done while box off-unless bearing is a recent replacement
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

As above, "while your there" you change all three.

Martin
Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 PM
LeedsDale
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, yeah I've got that bit sussed. Rs clutch kit £181 and bearing £100. I've found a garage that will do the work for about 350. I've been told not to bother with fly wheel unless it's in a sorry state and at over £400 I will skip it. I just need to make sure that the parts I buy will fit a ST.
Cheers.