Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

2012 Focus Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 PM
An7h0ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Focus Problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with my power steering on my 2012 focus 1.6 TDCI Titanium
when you first start the car the steering its rock hard turning right, but perfectly fine turning left, it happens every single time you first start the car up but once you have hard locked it over and then straightened back up it will be fine then and you can turn right easy just like turning left as many time as you like, but i did noticed out the blue earlier on i was driving for a while steering fine (apart from the first hard turn on start up). and i made a right turn (WHILE DRIVING THIS TIME) and the steering went heavy i had to hang off the steering while to get it round the corner luckily i was only going slow, im not sure if the problem is getting worse and will make a habbit of doing it while driving aswell as idle.

i also believe the powering steering on the car is electric,

and secondly i have changed the alloys for bigger 17's proper ford ones not aftermarket did have 16's on, it was fine at first then after about a week of driving it now comes up on the display Tyre Pressure Malfunction Service Required, Hold Ok To Store!, but everytime you hold ok it goes to store new pressure then fails everytime and repeats the message so i have tried storing new pressures every way i can think off idle/driving/running/not running, it wont have none of it just fails to store everytime, this fault has also caused the hill start assit not to work and the traction control to be constantly off,

i took car down to a local independent ford garage and he changed the tyre size on my ecu to the size of the new wheels, cleared all faults, messages on the display goes out but 3 seconds after driving down the road they all come straight back again

hopefully some of you guys can help me out here

Thanks Anthony
Old 21-04-2014, 01:01 PM
An7h0ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 21-04-2014, 01:42 PM
3i Jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Get the steering checked out at a ford dealer under warranty, as it's only a 2012 model you should have a year left on the warranty. Don't know about the wheels though. Typical modern car having a hissy fit because you've changed something.