Hi, can anyone help please?
I have changed the pollen filter in a March 2009 2.0 Focus diesel. To do it I disconnected and removed the fuse box under the glove box. The car runs but the "engine malfunction" message is on and the indicators don't work. An OBD II code reader is showing "no trouble codes". Can anyone tell me what the problem is please?
Thanks Gary, you maybe right but they look OK. I'm rather nervous of car electronics ............maybe I'll take it all out and start again ............. maybe I'll have a different problem then ........ ho hum
Fixed it. I needed a chappie with a fully fledged fault code reader. All caused by a fault code on the cruise control which he cleared then hey presto – no message and working indicators . I didn’t realise modern cars have essentially two places where fault codes lodge. A generic one covering things such as emissions which are accessible through an OBD reader so MOT stations and the like can fix faults to get cars through MOTs. And a second manufacturer one that holds codes accessible only by more expensive readers: presumably in an effort to get people to take their cars to the main dealer to be fixed.