Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

DTC (Airbag) Help for 1.8tdci Focus

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
DervyScotty
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC (Airbag) Help for 1.8tdci Focus

hey guys,

Need a little help with a few DTC's i have discovered on the Airbag:

What can i look at for this, i checked like the only fuse thats related to anything air bag in the glove box (7.5 fuse) and this is fine. Im thinking its some wiring thats damaged somewhere but its narrowed down the precisely the passenger side.

Shall be checking the seatbelt tensioner itself tomorrow maybe (the wiring of it to make sure it hasn't somehow damaged itself?

Its caused engine management light and no air bag light, cleared the DTC but light has not disappeared either.

Would appreciate some suggestions?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM
DervyScotty
Virgin

any suggestions guys?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
MrsBrown1989
Virgin

Ok so I am new here and being a woman am having trouble navigating around this site and so I searched for my issue and found this thread. It won't let me create a new thread for some reason so perhaps someone can help me?

Ok, so I own a 52 plate KA - please, no jokes lol. Anyway, had the head gasket done last December and the engine management light has been on ever since, before this, I obviously blew the head gasket but apart from this the car doesn't seem to have many other symptoms that make me think there is an issue. The garage I go to just keep resetting the dash but then when I drive away it comes back, they don't have any diagnostic equipment and I'm considering buying my own scanner because no one seems to know what it is? All I can tell u is that occasionally in the morning, I get a lot of sort of steam coming from the exhaust, and it does have an oil leak but that's been there since I had the car and never triggered a warning light... Any ideas? Has an idiot replaced my head gasket incorrectly? It just seems a coinsidence when he changed it the light came on? The car runs ok but I am trying to sell it so if I knew what was wrong I could rectify it before I sell it or cut my losses and scrap the piece of rubbish... Thanks ladies and gents. X
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Scotty- to answer your question check the connector under the passenger seat is connected properly and hasen't got dirt etc inside.

MrsBrown- Steam is normal, especially due to the weather at present, if your HG was a problem you would have been looseing coolant!

I would get your 'Lamda' sensors checked, if you could get the DTC'S read then you could tell from the error code straight away.

I would also stop using your garage, it sounds like they don't have basic engine management knowledge this is essential in this day and age, this is shown in the fact they simply extinguish the EML!

You can run a procedure with the digital dash (If applicable on your car) and this will show you DTC'S, I can tell you how to do this, if you want?

Martin
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM
MrsBrown1989
Virgin

Ooooh yes please. I know the garage are rubbish, thanks for the advise. The coolant is not on minimum but the water is browny red, is this normal? And the steam is quite excessive, when other cars around me don't seem to have it..... :/ how do I run the procedure on the dash? thanks for your advise. Very helpful
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

It depends if you have a LCD display which i believe they may have?

If so you hold down the trip button and turn the ignition on whilst still holding the trip button, keep holding until you see all the gauges do a "Sweep" once you have done this you unlock a lot of useful information, if you keep pressing the trip button until you see "DTC" or something along the lines of that, you are looking for anything that has a code, i.e. p1158 for example, as there are so many options I forget what one it is, number 6 or 7 perhaps from memory.

Not really, no it sounds like the coolant wants changing, it should be red (Anti freeze) this should have been changed when the HG was done though?

Martin
Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
DervyScotty
Virgin

well by all means hijack my thread mrs brown, there is a button above the threads in each category that states 'New Thread'...

Checked the connection which appears to be fine, i shall be taking the seat out completely very soon to overlook every wire to its destination, doesnt appear to be any fuses that deal with this either