Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

What Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2011, 04:51 PM
drift mekanik
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Clutch

Folks, I have done various searches and not come up with anything conclusive. Basically, I am looking for a new clutch but dont have hundreds to throw at this right now so fancy AP's etc are out of the price range.

The engine is in a PS13 Silvia shell and I am sponsored by Aerokit.eu and MB Automotive, and highly skilled tuner of Drift and Drag cars.

What I have so far is...

Billet Crank
H Beam Rods
Cosworth Racing Pistons on std bore
ARP Conrod bolts
Baffled sump
Uprated oil pump

WRC multi layer head gasket
Policshed and Ported Head
BD14 and BD15 cams
Newman double valve springs
803 injectors and a T34 turbo.

before the engine is put back together with these parts I plan to upgrade the injectors and early next year run a Garrett 3071R and with luck, a stand alone engine management system.

Basically I am hoping I have the makings of a 500bhp 2wd YB but want to upgrade the clutch... The car is just used for drifting and I put a part worn clutch in it 2 years ago. Its a standard ford clutch and still seems ok, but I am worried that the extra power will kill it in no time.

Anyone recommend a middle range clutch that at an estimate would last me a couple of years (just weekend drift events about once / twice a month and the occassional trip on the road). I ahve no issues with replacing a £200 clutch ever couple of years, just don't wanna be changing a standard one every 6 months! Doing the clutch will be a pig in this bodyshell setup! Not like the sierra it came from!

Any views on possible power or advice on the spec so far??