Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Transit petrol Pats/Ecu problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:30 PM
madmart132
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transit petrol Pats/Ecu problems

Hi Guys hoping some of you guys might be able to help me , I have a mk5 Transit 2000 model ( smiley face ) fitted with a 2.0 8v petrol engine . A few weeks ago she refused to start took her to the garage where they managed to get her going after finding that the ECU was full of water , they dried it out and managed to start it . On my way down to pick her up they phoned me to say that it was no longer starting and diagnosed a faulty ECU .
Somehow being very lucky I managed to find the exact model ECU that i needed the next day ,we got in a local locksmith to code in the key for the ECU but he could not code it in it kept rejecting the code .
Yesterday I called in another locksmith who cut out a new key and tried to code it in to the computer and the Pats module with the result that now I have nothing at all !!!! The Pats light is flashing when you put the key in and it will not even turn over any more !!
Anybody had similar problems on any Ford car ?
If I managed to get a complete Ecu/Pats Module and Key from a similar van would this be the way to go ?
Please any help would be great as I need the van for work
Old 08-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Churtz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeh. You just need the PATS chip from the key that matches the ecu.

Matt
Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 PM
madmart132
Virgin

Not possible unfortunatly ,I was lucky to get the ECU , I am going to phone again and see if they have the Pats module but I doubt that they have that as well .
I have my old key ( which no longer works ) and a new key which does not work either . The replacement ECU did not want to know either attempt to code the key to either the Pats or the ECU can it be overcome without buying a new Pats module and ECU from Ford ?
Old 09-10-2011, 06:57 PM
DS81
Fresh onion..

I'm sure there is a way around it usind IDS (ford diagnostic) If i remember correctly, you have to leave it on a count down for around 30min then code a master key (red key) then x2 black keys, or clone a red key/module from another motor then program your keys, I think you can only do it using IDS, I may be wrong though its been a while
Old 09-10-2011, 11:38 PM
madmart132
Virgin

I am not sure what the IDS is ? If I got lucky and managed to get the Pats module and the ECU and the key would that be better ?
The garage that I have been using have been helpful but seem to have run out of ideas at the moment , they also do not seem to have the correct computers for it ie to check if it is a computer fault or not , what I am afraid of is spending £200 quid at Ford and it still not running properly