Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Focus TD DI - Fuel leaking from somewhere!!

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2011, 11:08 AM
fordfocustd
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus TD DI - Fuel leaking from somewhere!!

I have a 99 Focus 1.8 TD DI and I have a fuel leak. I thought it was coming from the solenoid at the bottom of the fuel pump ( Bosch VP30 - 047 0004 007 ).

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

However now I'm not sure it is that solenoid that is leaking.

Last night we took out the alternator to get a better look and there does not seam to be any obvious leaks. The left hand side where it bolts into where the pulley sits look damp but apart from that looked ok. So bolted everything back together and made sure all was tight including the fuel lines to the injectors. Also resealed the thermostat housing as that was leaking fluid too.

Ran the car and there was no obvious leeks. Got underneath and there seemed to be a small amount of diesel dripping from the alternator bracket which to me suggested the back of the fuel pump where we couldn't see anything.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love some suggestions to my problem!!
Old 15-03-2011, 11:09 AM
fordfocustd
Virgin

Angry

Originally Posted by fordfocustd
I have a 99 Focus 1.8 TD DI and I have a fuel leak. I thought it was coming from the solenoid at the bottom of the fuel pump ( Bosch VP30 - 047 0004 007 ).

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

However now I'm not sure it is that solenoid that is leaking.

Last night we took out the alternator to get a better look and there does not seam to be any obvious leaks. The left hand side where it bolts into where the pulley sits look damp but apart from that looked ok. So bolted everything back together and made sure all was tight including the fuel lines to the injectors. Also resealed the thermostat housing as that was leaking fluid too.

Ran the car and there was no obvious leeks. Got underneath and there seemed to be a small amount of diesel dripping from the alternator bracket which to me suggested the back of the fuel pump where we couldn't see anything.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love some suggestions to my problem!!
No the car seems to be getting worse!!

Driving to work this morning and the car has now lost power!! As if the turbo isn't boosting but had a quick look under the bonnet and couldn't see any problems.

Any ideas??
Old 16-03-2011, 02:51 PM
fordfocustd
Virgin

Originally Posted by fordfocustd
No the car seems to be getting worse!!

Driving to work this morning and the car has now lost power!! As if the turbo isn't boosting but had a quick look under the bonnet and couldn't see any problems.

Any ideas??

Ok so the intercooler sensor plug had fallen off so reduced boost. Plugged it back on and all pucker again.

However I still have this pescky fuel leak!!