Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

i.c.e help reqd please

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:46 AM
simonwwfc
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i.c.e help reqd please

rite ive got a alpine 45w x 4 amplifier cde-9801r head unit that in going to power just door speakers (upgrading today) ive got a vibe cbr 10" active subwoofer with built in amp . now unsure how to set 3 buttons on amp

1 : 180 phase 0 button
2 : crossover 40 to 160 hz
3 : level button min to max

any help please as just going into my transit connect
Old 12-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Blue-Oval-Bass
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

The phase control will help with any delay in the lower frequencies , basically if the low end seems out of sync with the midbass and vocals.
The crossover will cut the frequencies above or below what u want the speaker to play.
The level control { IS NOT A VOLUME CONTROL } is there to match input to output levels.
Your alpine has a bass engine built in to help set up and a basic eq for the midrange.
If your stuck give me a shout.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:23 PM
simonwwfc

top man many thanks got it all up and running was a bloody mare running power lead from batt to back but got there in the end with help from wife . ive got the treble set on 3 to give door speakers a bit of tinie sound bass set on zero to stop any coming from door speakers as bought 2 way alpine sxe-1325s 200w peak power 35 watt rms cheapys Ł39 quid from halfords . have got sub woofer setting on head unit on 12 but goes to 15 ? got cross over set about 3/4 and volume around same ? if u fancy a trip to aylesbury or meeting half way more than welcome lol
Old 12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Blue-Oval-Bass
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by simonwwfc
top man many thanks got it all up and running was a bloody mare running power lead from batt to back but got there in the end with help from wife . ive got the treble set on 3 to give door speakers a bit of tinie sound bass set on zero to stop any coming from door speakers as bought 2 way alpine sxe-1325s 200w peak power 35 watt rms cheapys Ł39 quid from halfords . have got sub woofer setting on head unit on 12 but goes to 15 ? got cross over set about 3/4 and volume around same ? if u fancy a trip to aylesbury or meeting half way more than welcome lol
Set the vibe x over to @70hz that way it should cut most signal after 70hz
your headunit has a bass engine with boosting points , if its lacking low end up the 50hz setting.
Similar with the mids , the headunit has a basic eq to up certain mids frequencies , your just gonna have to play around with it til you get the sound you want.
You can buy bass blockers to cut low bass from your mids if its distorting.
Come up to the big audio day at icedot.com in mk nxt sunday or i can pop over if you cant get it sounding how you want it.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:30 PM
simonwwfc

many thanks pm details for sunday il pop over