Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Urgent help required please!!

Search this Thread

Old 17-01-2011, 01:06 PM
BRISTOL86
Paranoid Bufty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent help required please!!

Hi All

I have a bit of an urgent issue going on.

I picked up a 55 plate Mk2 Focus a couple of weeks ago, and at the time, the guy said to me not to use the boot release switch on the boot itself, as it sticks, and to instead use the key. Fine and dandy so far.

Being something of a muppet, the first thing I did when I needed to go into the boot once I got it home was use the boot release switch. This then gave me grief for a couple of days as the boot would intermittently release itself when driving.

After a couple of days it went away and has not given me an issue for about a week now, and I have been remembering to only use the key to release the boot, so I presumed it had unstuck itself and gone away.

Only to find this morning that  the issue is back (I haven't used the switch so not through my own stupidity this time!) but this time seems to be happening when I start the engine.

There's clearly some electrical glitch going on here, but it's causing me a big headache to have the boot releasing itself all the time on the motorways and A roads I drive on!

Is there anyway to disconnect the boot release switch without affecting the functionality of the release on the key?

Many thanks
Old 17-01-2011, 02:18 PM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

there will be a actuator inside the boot on the back of the lock hidden by plastic covers ect just unplug the wires.
it would be better to find the cause and fix though
Old 17-01-2011, 02:31 PM
JonathanJ
PassionFord Regular

as said above , one area we found a problem with this age of focus was that the rear quarter window had not been sealed fully and was allowing water to go inside car at rear quarter glass and it got into the wiring and was causing the central locking to intermittently , just a thought .