Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

03 (52 reg) focus 2.0 petrol Zetec oil sump

Search this Thread

Old 13-01-2011, 03:31 PM
ybbon66
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 (52 reg) focus 2.0 petrol Zetec oil sump

Hi,

I have been told that my oil sump pan needs changing, as it's rusting. Looks like a common problem.

Anyway, Ford price is £213, I got a used fog light and seat belt from a used/new parts company on breakersyard.com who can get a new one for £30 or so. The problem is that they said there are 3 designs so I need to get the right one. Ford gave me a part number of 1053869 but apparently that is a finish number(?) so not what they need.

I found Hadrians Group on-line and they list a 2.0 petrol zetec oil sump too but only as a single part - so are there multiple designs?

Hadrian have 2, one petrol and one diesel at £36 + VAT which seems a whole lot more reasonable, but before getting it, I was wondering if there really are more than one design of this for a petrol engine or not?

Thanks.
Old 14-01-2011, 10:55 AM
JonathanJ
PassionFord Regular

It is a FINIS no ( Ford International Numerical Indexing System .... if I remember correctly ) , Ford are fantastic at having parts that are very close and eventually are superseded by others , it maybe that the pick up pipe is located slightly differently , you may be lucky and see the part no , starts with 2 numbers , then 2 letters , followed by others , as long as it is not near the corrosion that is , this can be cross referenced to the FINIS .
Old 14-01-2011, 12:22 PM
ybbon66
Virgin

Thanks, so there is no real way to be certain without getting the car jacked up and looking underneath or taking a photo?
Old 14-01-2011, 12:57 PM
JonathanJ
PassionFord Regular

PM me the details and will go and have a word at my local parts dept as i used to work there