Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

3 door dipped beam wiring nitty gritty

Search this Thread

Old 23-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Iain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 door dipped beam wiring nitty gritty

Can anyone tell me where I can get an accurate wiring diagram for an ’86 3 door Cossie? My Hanes manual is wrong, the ’87-’89 diagram is close (mine was registered in November ’86) but does not look like it’s accurate. It shows the blue green from the driver’s headlamp running directly to one of the dipped beam relays when it can’t be or I have found the fault but don’t know it! When I remove all the white and yellow relays and check continuity between the blue green and earth there is a path, until I flick the light stalk forward so the sides or dipped/main beams should be on, and the path disappears. Am I right to assume that the light relays are all between I and VI?

There are three relays relating to the dipped beam and one for the main beam (No. I, the white one). The relay numbered 37 in the Haynes diagram is VI in the fuse box, apart from that I’m stumped. I can’t figure out the other two because of the above inconsistency between what the diagram and reality. I really don’t want to have to pull the fuse box out to check the wire colours on the bottom!

The LHS dipped beam works fine, but it’s got a nice simple circuit; I think the RHS is complicated due to it providing the instrumentation indication.

Any assistance appreciated, even if it’s only correlating the Haynes relay numbers 34 and 35 to the fuse box relays correctly.

CheeRS,
Iain