Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

mk1 problems,

Search this Thread

Old 15-08-2010, 11:16 AM
redskull77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mk1 problems,

hi all,new here,im a learner driver,got my test in sept,fingers crossed,bought myself a mk1 focus,5 door,600quid,im using it to learn in,as well as my instructors car,thing is,car is giving me headache after headache,wondered if it was just a focus thing,right,here goes with the probs,my interior lights,and electric door mirrors,have stopped working,my handbrake light stays on sometimes,(yes ive took handbrake off)my speedo works once the cars been running for 30 mins or more,and some,but not all of the light behind the speedo etc,dont work,the outer edges of the dials light up,as do all engine managment lights oil,fuel lights etc,just not the one directly behind the clocks,which ive found out,arent standard,as when they work,they are bright green,blue etc,dials are white.it had a replacement engine fitted recently,as the piston rings had gone on the old one,lots of black smoke etc,all seems fine,except,theres a horrible metallic noise when you ease of the gas,and there doesnt seem to be any power for overtaking,my instructor says it feels sluggish,i love this car,so i would really appreciate any advice.thank you.just thought id add,its a 1.6 zetec s.thanks

Last edited by redskull77; 15-08-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: more info