Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Air conditioning problem

Search this Thread

Old 21-07-2010, 04:36 PM
nathan_p16
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioning problem

Hi there,

I have a Mk2 2005 Ford Focus LX 1.6 TDCi [110]. I have recently experienced problems with the air conditioning, where it has stopped pumping cold air into the cabin, and then this morning a 'hissing/sucking' noise started sounding through the vents when the air con was on.

The Ford garage have had the car for the day as I asked for a re-gas and a system refresh, thinking this was the problem. After doing the work they have told me that the condenser is working fine and that they have discovered that the cooling fan is not working properly, which means the air con is still not working properly.

As I am currently unable to afford the amount they are asking to replace the cooling fan, and partly because I'm worried that once replaced the problem will still not be solved, I haven't paid for the work to be done.

Since picking the car up it is still making the hissing noise when I switch the air con on and if I do it with the windows down I also hear clicking noises comming from under the bonnet. Also, when the hissing noise sounds through the vents I can hear the engine being put under more stress (more than it usually experiences when the air con is switched on). I don't know how air con systems work and am not sure if these noises can be attributed to the cooling fan being faulty.

Has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone offer advice? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nathan

Last edited by nathan_p16; 21-07-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 21-07-2010, 04:40 PM
retro d
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site, first thing I would do is check the wires for corrosion near the plug for the fan, see if it has a feed/earth using a test light or voltmeter.
Old 21-07-2010, 04:47 PM
nathan_p16
Virgin

Thanks for the welcome. Ford stated they have checked all the wiring and that it is the fan that is faulty, although I will do that first just to check they haven't overlooked it! Thanks for the help.
Old 21-07-2010, 06:26 PM
nathan_p16
Virgin

Do you know where the plug for the fan is?
Old 21-07-2010, 06:38 PM
retro d
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I dont, but it should be next to the fan just follow the wires up from the motor.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 PM
gillmather
Virgin

Originally Posted by nathan_p16
Hi there,

I have a Mk2 2005 Ford Focus LX 1.6 TDCi [110]. I have recently experienced problems with the air conditioning, where it has stopped pumping cold air into the cabin, and then this morning a 'hissing/sucking' noise started sounding through the vents when the air con was on.

The Ford garage have had the car for the day as I asked for a re-gas and a system refresh, thinking this was the problem. After doing the work they have told me that the condenser is working fine and that they have discovered that the cooling fan is not working properly, which means the air con is still not working properly.

As I am currently unable to afford the amount they are asking to replace the cooling fan, and partly because I'm worried that once replaced the problem will still not be solved, I haven't paid for the work to be done.

Since picking the car up it is still making the hissing noise when I switch the air con on and if I do it with the windows down I also hear clicking noises comming from under the bonnet. Also, when the hissing noise sounds through the vents I can hear the engine being put under more stress (more than it usually experiences when the air con is switched on). I don't know how air con systems work and am not sure if these noises can be attributed to the cooling fan being faulty.

Has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone offer advice? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nathan
I have same problem with my identical car let me know if you sort it gillmather@gmail.com