Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Cam Pulley Coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
spoilt_rs
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Pulley Coating

Afternoon all.

I would like to have my standard cam belt pulleys coated, as they currently look a bit tatty and in my opinion spoil the look of the engine bay.

I'm guessing this has previously been done, but was unable to find anything of any use during various searches on here.

I like the look of the finish acheivable by powdercoating, but am guessing the belt would wear this coating off pretty quickly?

Could anyone advise me which coating process would be best.

Many thanks.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spoilt_rs
Afternoon all.

I would like to have my standard cam belt pulleys coated, as they currently look a bit tatty and in my opinion spoil the look of the engine bay.

I'm guessing this has previously been done, but was unable to find anything of any use during various searches on here.

I like the look of the finish acheivable by powdercoating, but am guessing the belt would wear this coating off pretty quickly?

Could anyone advise me which coating process would be best.

Many thanks.
The powdercoat would not wear off easily but it would add to the size of the pulley by anything up to 2mm. I would recommend just getting blasted, front/back coated then a clear laquer over the whole lot. But for what it would cost you may as well get a nice anodised one or adjustable pulley