Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Car Temperature

Search this Thread

Old 23-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Bruckner
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Temperature

Today I purchased a W reg Ford Fiesta 5 door 1.3 and was wondering what the maximum engine temperature should be. On previous cars owned by me it was just a case of keeping your eye on the temperture gauge, but it would appear that on this car the temperature is given in numbers (degrees Celsius) and so was wondering what is the normal temperature for this car.Thanks for any help.
Old 23-12-2009, 07:13 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure on yours, but around 85C average, but engine dependant up to 105C when hot as fans come on.
So long as the cooling fan works and it doesn't overheat or have a crap heater, be slow to warm up it should be ok, what temps are you seeing, there can be quite a variation between different types of engine, some even beleive a cooler running stat will safeguard a head gasket from overheating damage!!
tabetha
Old 23-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Bruckner
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Temperature

Thank you, Tabetha, for your reply. It was very kind of you. The figure you give seems to be around the temperature I have experienced. Mind you, I`ve only driven a few miles in it. The reason I ask is that when I was driving home from shopping I noticed a rather loud noise, which at first I thought it might be the noise from the road via the tyres. It would appear though that it was the fan operating. Now, at this time of the year when it`s freezing I`ve never experienced the fan coming into operation as the freezing cold air hitting the radiator was enough to cool the engine. I`ll keep my eye on the situation and look out for a drivers manual which was not supplied with car. Thanks again, Bob