Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ford focus 1.8 TDCI

Search this Thread

Old 27-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Swanseajack87
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford focus 1.8 TDCI

Hey guys, I need a little help.

Iv got a Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI (03). Recently (Felt it more now its cold), my heating went from being hot, to luke warm. The temperature gauge went up and down like a yoyo, but never overheated. I changed the thermostat, as I thought this would cure the problem.
Now, changing the stat has cured the temp gauge going like a yoyo, but I still only have slighlty warm air coming through. Iv put new coolant in, bled the system, with no result. Also, when I start the car in the morning, the engine fans are constantly on. The vehicle is at normal operating temperature after about 6-7 miles of ordinary driving (60mph).

Am I missing something obvious, or is this a common problem with the diesel engined fords?

Also, is there a gasket on the sump as mine leaks, but am unsure if its just silicone, or if there is a gasket I can buy?

Thanks guys, Ash.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
horromark
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Just come across your question, Did you ever manage to sort it, I am having similar trouble with the leaking Thermostat Housing, I wanted to know if you got hold of a gasket to stop the leak.

Thanks