Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Aeroquip/Earls fuel hoses

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Steve-O_RST
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroquip/Earls fuel hoses

Hi there,

I'm looking to replace the fuel system on my car while my engine is being built.

The engine will be running around 450 flywheel horsepower.

I'm just wondering what size of Feed hose you think is necessary, either -6AN or -8AN.

I have a Bosch 044 pump and an Alloy swirl pot setup in the boot. I'm just unsure if the -6 hose is capable of flowing enough fuel? I will be running an 8 injector setup also, if that info helps.

Another question I have, I don't know if this is this is just a rumour or not. Anyway the hoses will be ran inside the car. I've heard that if you use a normal rubber lined hose and fittings to suit, you get the smell of fuel fumes inside the car as the hose breathes slightly?
I've been told that a PTFE lined hose would be best to use as it will not breath at all.
Just wondered what your thoughts were?

The PTFE hose and more importantly the fittings are a fair bit more exspensive than the usual Aeroquip/Earls fittings as they use the olive setup etc like a brake hose would. Not sure if its worth spending the extra ££ on going for this.

Many thanks in advance! Any info is much appreciated

Cheers guys!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:33 PM
- Sim -
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

-6AN will be way enough Pal

there are fuel capable hoses available, like you wrote ptfe, but these are not cheap, roughly 10 - 15 pounds per meter in -6AN
Old 08-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Steve-O_RST
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Thanks for your reply Sims

Anyone know roughly where -6AN starts becoming to restrictive? Power output wise?