Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

street ka clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 AM
pippav
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street ka clutch problem

anybody hav an idea about this problem? i think the clutch is sticking the car has 30000 miles on it and has just now started this problem!!!!! after changing gear the car revs but the power output is pretty lame! hence the conclusioni came to! help please
Old 03-11-2008, 05:04 PM
wide ka
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by pippav
anybody hav an idea about this problem? i think the clutch is sticking the car has 30000 miles on it and has just now started this problem!!!!! after changing gear the car revs but the power output is pretty lame! hence the conclusioni came to! help please
worse than normal, or have you just got the car? as there not that quick anyway mind
Old 05-11-2008, 11:38 PM
kaking1982
Regular Contributor

i had a sport ka a few years back i had to change the clutch about 30k but the hydralic slave burst in the end so i had to do it its not a hard job only takes a few hours to change
Old 09-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Tiggi Jenkins
Virgin

Hi I'm also a StreetKA owner and I've owned the car since brand new in 2004. I have had a whole host of Fords but, frankly, the StreetKA has been littered with problems since I've owned it to the point at now, 9 years old, I've had to make the decision to keep it and run it in to the ground as I can't sell it.

Among my problems, it has had 2 new manicats (one fitted by Ford the other by a private mechanic), new clutch, HT Leads, Lamda sensor, ABS ECU and Pump and new front suspension parts of various things such as the wishbones and anti-roll cage linkrod arm bushes.

Now I have yet another problem. Despite no one being able to find it my ABS Light and/or Engine Management Light come on and go off and the codes are never the same, while I'm waiting on the vehicle electrician has anyone got any ideas. Also there is a tremendously noisy rattling from the gearbox/clutch area when the car is under heavy load. Having only done the suspension a month ago and the clutch was done just over a year ago, is it that I need a new clutch of is there something else someone has come across?

Thanks for your help. I love my StreetKA when she's working but to be honest she is a lemon.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Hobomassiv
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tiggi Jenkins
as I can't sell it.

Also there is a tremendously noisy rattling from the gearbox/clutch area when the car is under heavy load. Having only done the suspension a month ago and the clutch was done just over a year ago, is it that I need a new clutch of is there something else someone has come across?
Ill buy it! Im guessing the problem is that its not worth what you want for it? Prices have dropped a lot.

Sounds like a heatshield or something is loose or maybe the clutch wasnt fitted properly.