Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

looking into bushes!

Search this Thread

Old 21-10-2008, 07:38 PM
paulhussein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink looking into bushes!

Hi,

I need to replace the 'compliance bush' from the lower arms of the front suspension on my 2wd 89 sapphire.

It may be a good idea to upgrade to poly bushes at the same time. Whats the best set to get? and from where ?

Also, when I am on full lock, turning the wheels jump a little because I think the suspension is lowered and the camber is out. Can I ill two bird with one stone and replace the bushes and somehow adjust this camber issue ?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Paul
Old 22-10-2008, 09:31 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The camber is set by the distance between the wheel and the body, fixed at the top but determined by the length of the track control arm at the bottom, you can get in situ adjustable arms, but a bit pricey.
As to the poly bushes there are many makes, I have used superflex/powewrflex/deflex/flowflex(was deflex) and super pro who make these for superflex.
I have found no difference other than price, and have been using them years, normally get superflex from chris witter.
tabetha
Old 27-10-2008, 02:37 PM
paulhussein

Wink

Originally Posted by tabetha
The camber is set by the distance between the wheel and the body, fixed at the top but determined by the length of the track control arm at the bottom, you can get in situ adjustable arms, but a bit pricey.
As to the poly bushes there are many makes, I have used superflex/powewrflex/deflex/flowflex(was deflex) and super pro who make these for superflex.
I have found no difference other than price, and have been using them years, normally get superflex from chris witter.
tabetha
thanks
Old 27-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

And I'm selling a full set of Floflex polys