Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

new clutch or thrust bearing???

Search this Thread

Old 28-04-2008, 07:51 PM
finbar
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch or thrust bearing???

bonjour ford lovers,

have been prepping my cossie ready for the 'ring' in July and have been having a spot of bother with the clutch. first the clutch cable snapped, then the pedal box and now it just seems really difficult to engage when warm. from cold all gears engage relatively easy but after the car has warmed up it seems more and more difficult to get into gear. The other day first became a nightmare trying to put my foot through the bulkhead and reverse disappeared, couldn't get into reverse at all. i have already spent a considerable sum of cash getting the rest sorted and would like to avoid buying the wrong part to correct the issue. the clutch doesn't slip so i hope it's the thrust bearing but i can't check as i can only take apart and put back together in one weekend as i have to loan the space in a mates garage.

any thoughts?? bearing or full AP 6-paddle replacement? £55 or £355??

any help greatly appreciated

Finbar
Old 28-04-2008, 07:58 PM
instain

i should say the thrust bearing just done a s2 turbs with the same problem th thrust bearing was off its tree but not making any noises. did replace the whole unit but no where near that price so it just seemed right lol
Old 28-04-2008, 08:16 PM
finbar
Virgin

nice, so you rekon it could be just the thrust bearing. that sounds just the ticket.

cheers