Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo Central Locking

Search this Thread

Old 27-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Tels
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo Central Locking

Has anyone had experience with a Mondeo central locking system with a mind of it's own?

My Y reg 2000 ghia will occasionally unlock itself again whilst driving along and even on occasion lock all doors as well. Has been known to do this whilst stationary too.

It also occasionally loses the timer on the internal light after you get in. You know the one that supposed to stay on for x seconds or until the ignition is turned on.

I changed the key fob battery but am baffled.

Where is the control box?
Any other people experienced this?
Any clues?

Cheers

Tels
Old 16-11-2009, 11:03 PM
lanstoned
StoneD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tels,

I have the exactly the same problem with a Y reg Mondeo Ghia estate!

Mine also has recharging trouble and frequently has to be hooked up to a battery charger or it won't start after beign idle for a day or 2.

Did you find a satisfactory solution for central locking problems and have you had similar recharging issues?
Old 17-11-2009, 04:29 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lanstoned
Hi Tels,

I have the exactly the same problem with a Y reg Mondeo Ghia estate!

Mine also has recharging trouble and frequently has to be hooked up to a battery charger or it won't start after beign idle for a day or 2.

Did you find a satisfactory solution for central locking problems and have you had similar recharging issues?
Few basic things to check for battery going flat, is battery ok, is the alternator charging ok, I think they are ecu controlled on these, but they can and do suffer from leaky diodes(one way electrical valves)so that the battery actually gets discharged by being connected to the alternator if these are duff.
I would get the charge rate and battery tested first, if the battery tests ok disconnect it and see if this solves the problem when you reconnect it to drive.
tabetha