Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Fiesta mk3 Heater, reverse light and radiato fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 24-11-2007, 02:28 PM
bigdaddybucks
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta mk3 Heater, reverse light and radiato fan not working

Hi all,

I am a new member so please go easy on me. I have recently purchased a fiesta mk3 to use as a runabout, it was very cheap and had a few problems most of which I have fixed. The last thing I need to sort out is the problem of the reverse light, the heater blower and the radiator cooling fan are all not working. I have changed every fuse in the fuse box so I know it is not a fuse. I know the heater and the reverse light is on the same fuse so I changed this again but still no luck. I also tried another heater blower switch but this did not work I have tested the radiator cooling fan by bridging the connection but it does not work and it did not work on another fan either. Please help me out here as I have to get up early (postman) and I badly need the heater to work and I also have two young daughters that need the heater to work as well!!

Yours hopefully
Lee

P.S. the car is a ford fiesta mk3 1995 1.3 Lx model
Old 25-11-2007, 01:44 PM
UKMICKY
Virgin

As i'm a manager in the royal mail and you could be in my office i will tell you.

Try the Ignition relay.

Now get to work you lazy b*****d

Mk3 1995 ???
Old 25-11-2007, 04:34 PM
bigdaddybucks
Virgin

Thanks, would that be the green relay? I will try and get one tomorrow. As I will be on a very hard earned rest day.
Old 26-11-2007, 09:10 PM
frsjon
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

had exactly the same with mine!!! its definately a fuse box problem...try this it may 'sort' the problem short term... ..give the dash a wack next to the fuse box!! sounds silly i know but sorted mine every time i got in it... ..had to do it every time i turned it on...then out of the blue it all worked fine and has done for the last year.... ..loose wire i think...
Old 26-11-2007, 10:19 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they melt aswel so have a good look around when you remove the relays
Old 27-11-2007, 11:36 AM
bigdaddybucks
Virgin

thanks everyone, I am going to pick up the relay from Ford today so hopefully the problem will be sorted.
Old 28-11-2007, 06:38 PM
bigdaddybucks
Virgin

Just to let you know, I went to Ford to order a relay, went back next day and took it home only to find it was the wrong size relay (right colour wrong size!!) rang them and they ordered the right one (ten quid more expensive, took it back today to exchange got home fitted it and nothing was fixed!! I checked all fusebox wires and relay wires and found a wire that went from ignition relay to another smaller yellow relay of which there are three, I swapped this relay with one of the other yellow ones and lo and behold I got a beautiful warm gust of air in my face from the heater and the reverse light now works so I went and bought a new yellow one and I just have to check the radiator fan tomorrow. Thanks to you all for putting me on the right track even if one of you did suggest the wrong relay and cost me twenty quid!! Only joking Mr Manager (in case you are from my office).

thanks again

Lee
Old 28-11-2007, 09:09 PM
frsjon
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

nice one ...,glad its sorted....mine all played up last winter so i can appreciate what you mean about the heater...