Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mk5 1.25 Fiesta Airflow Meter

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2007, 07:40 PM
cheshiresport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk5 1.25 Fiesta Airflow Meter

Hi guys,

Bought a 2001 1.25 freestyle a few months back as a cheap runaround to keep the mileage off our racing puma. When we got the car it had been modded up a bit, and slowly we have been putting it back to more standard looking.

One of the things that had been done to the car was the standard airbox, airflow meter etc had been binned and just the rubber pipe was stuffed into the bottom of the airbox (there was no lid present). As a temporary fix to make it look better we fitted a pipercross air filter onto this pipe.

The fiesta seems to have been using a lot of fuel for a 1.25 (prob near the same a week as the FRP did). Now its MOT time and want it to go through ok. Dont think it will though as ive a horrible feeling about the emmisions test.

Just a little bit confused as to where the airflow meter should be on this engine??? I went to the scrapyard today and got hold of a full airbox and airflow meter but when i fitted it i realised there was no plug to plug into the airflow meter.

Below are a few pics of our engine bay, can anyone please throw any light onto this problem so i can get it back to normal before i put it through the MOT.

Cheers

And the stuff i got today, not sure if its the right stuff or not