Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Fuelpressure...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:16 PM
JanDK
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuelpressure...

I am still having some misfires of some kind (dont know how bad it is,but it is there) at 3900-4000 r/min and upwards when revving engine without boost, either parked or driving at revving it. If I rev it up to 37-3800 r/min in third as an example, and floor it so the boost is there promtly there is nothing that I can feel!?!?!?
This problem have been away about a month ago for some time.. now it is back.

Could this be the fuelpressure playing with my when there is no boost??

I will soon cause I have checked everything, and changed everything, and some parts more than once. Every wire has been checked, every sensor gives the correct signal all the way from cold to hot. Multiplugs was recently soldered. I also know this fault is there with 2 different chips/injectors.

Anyone??
Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What coil and plugs/ gaps are you using.
tabetha
Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
JanDK

Grp A coil and gap is .6 ..

But there is nothing when boosting 1.3-1.5 or even 2.0 bar boost!! Thats what I cant understand.. it is only when revvin the engine either parked or when driving and giving throttle very gentle (so it wont boost at all) until I hit 4000 r/min. and it is ALWAYS at 4000 r/min cold and warm. Nothing AT ALL when cold start/warm start and any kind of driving below 4000 r/min.

I have trusted my IAW monitor for a long time.. and still of cause, but I ended up checking everything manually with meter and feelergauge and everything is like it should be and always have been.

As a bonus Q to your all and Tabetha (cause you always are so helpfull and replie fast) :What if the knocksensor is making fun at me when I hit 4000.. what does it do when it hears "knock" of any kind?? Can I check it without taking it out of the block??

Thanks you so far
Old 11-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Yura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JanDK
What if the knocksensor is making fun at me when I hit 4000.. what does it do when it hears "knock" of any kind?? Can I check it without taking it out of the block??

Thanks you so far
you can disconnect knocksensor plug for testing. if ecu have knocksignal from sensor it will shift ignition advance.
But the problem is not look like problem whith knocksensor or fuelpump becouse it appear when engine have no boost. And you can test the pump - disconnect return pipe near fuel tank and count flow at idle speed. If you have flow(ltr/hr) of pump you will have information how many bhp it can provide.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
JanDK

I will try to test the knocksignal once more (as I have tryed it some time ago but cant remenber what the result was )

I agree with you, when we take a look at the fuelsystem.. allthough I am unsure about the FPR when it is not activated by pressure from the plenum.

Tomorrow is "GreatTest Day" .. hopefully something will show!!

Thanks