Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Bailey breather and cam cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bailey breather and cam cover

Im attempting to fit a Bailey oil breather and not having a lot of luck I was going to fit a pipe from the rocker cover Thanks to the previous owner however I cant get the cover off to drill .( bolts rounded)
If I fit the breather pipe to the flame trap and oil return pipe under turbo would this be enough? this would give me 2 vents to atmosphere
I also thought about venting from under the turbo and returning oil via the sump but knowing my luck the pipe would burst or come loose.
Could fitting a breather pipe to the oil filler cap be an option? Or am I just being silly

Many Thanks
Old 08-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you should persevere and get the cam cover off somehow and do it right....as it will have to come off at some point in the future....if its the hex bolts in cover,ive had this problem ,but got hex bolt out by tapping a slightly bigger star bit fully into rounded hex and then turning gently

mark
Old 08-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

quote...Could fitting a breather pipe to the oil filler cap be an option? Or am I just being silly

that would look hideous
Old 08-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There was someone one ebay selling ally replacement filler caps with a breather outlet built in a while back not sure if there still on there or not, but as said your better off getting it off as its gonna have to come off at some point so either using a bigger bit and hammering it in or possibly drilling the head off the bolt if ur careful then that would also work.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:32 PM
alan rainbow
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

stop being a girl and get the cover off like mark says if you want it off it will come off and the baily bit for the rocker have it welded in dont use glue
Old 08-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I will have another go at the cover it makes sense as eventually I'II need to replace the head gasket Im begining to think that the bodging done by the previous owner is contagious as I seem to be getting just Iike him.
Thanks for bringing me to my senses.