Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

charcooler intercooler i dont know

Search this Thread

Old 19-01-2007, 04:50 PM
zippyka80
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charcooler intercooler i dont know

hi i am building a 2.0 zvh converted ka withe a stage 3 rs head 2.0 bottom end and a standard t3 turbo off a rs turbo i have got to have a one off rad but i was wondering wat a charge cooler was is it like a intercooler but uses water to cool instead im only asking as i think it may be better for me as space is tight
Old 19-01-2007, 04:52 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what i know of charge coolers they aren't very good if you wan't to give the car a long run thrashing it, they build up a lot of heat and need some normal driving to allow temperatures to drop again.

Plus ive heard a lot of stories about charge coolers splitting internally which = water in your engine which = rebuild please
Old 19-01-2007, 08:22 PM
AustenW
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a proper chargecooler system and you will not have a problem.

The problem with the pace set up which is what everyone judges chargecoolers by is that they use inefficient cores, small pre-rads and a tiny water pump.

When speced properly my set up always ran 10 deg above ambient at 24psi from my data logging

Simon Norris with the Evo has fitted a PWR chargecooler for this year so what does that tell you?