Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

4wd engine with 2wd sump....question

Search this Thread

Old 27-12-2006, 09:28 PM
2wd
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4wd engine with 2wd sump....question

Hi...so does anybody know if there is some problems with this setup. will evrything fit ??

Some time ago I was told that it was a direct fit, (2wd sump on 4wd engine) I have now been told that there could be a problem with the oil picup pipe is that correct ??

If so how can solve this problem...??? fit a new 2wd oilpump and pick up ...or ???

Please advice

Also about the oil dipstick...as it is I have the 4wd setup there too....and again it's said that it will read wrong when using the 2wd sump..... ???
Old 31-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used a 4x4 engine in mine but I changed the oil pump and p/up to 2w/d items!

you CAN use the 4x4 pump and p/up but you have to grind away some of the inside of the 2w/d sump as the 4x4 pump/p/u hits it IIRC!

ps think if you use the 4x4 dip stick(one with the plastic end) it shows more than what's actually in the engine again IIRC been a few years seen I done that!
Old 31-12-2006, 09:23 AM
2wd
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alvyn
I have used a 4x4 engine in mine but I changed the oil pump and p/up to 2w/d items!

you CAN use the 4x4 pump and p/up but you have to grind away some of the inside of the 2w/d sump as the 4x4 pump/p/u hits it IIRC!

ps think if you use the 4x4 dip stick(one with the plastic end) it shows more than what's actually in the engine again IIRC been a few years seen I done that!
ok...so I should get my hands on a HP 2wd pump and a 2wd pick up pipe....correct ?? Will I be able to change it if remove the sump...or do I have to do more ???

and what is the difference between the 2wd and the 4wd oil pump and p/up... ?

what i the IIRC ???

about the dipstick..are you using the 2wd one ?? and it cant be much difference on 2wd and 4wd...