Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Suspension on a KA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 01:50 PM
needloweringblocks
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension on a KA?

I thought i'd stick it in here as I'm guessing the suspension is pretty generic across some of the smaller fords.

I'm having trouble getting to the bushes on the front suspension arms.

I have taken the nuts out of the bushes, but can't work out how to get the arm out.

I also have to take the macpherson strut out, and can't work out how to get the top nut undone.
I know it's with an allen key, but is that holding the sping compressed? I don't want to undo the top block and have the spring come flying out!

Should I put the spring compressors onto the spring before undoing the top bolt on the car??
Old 03-11-2006, 02:50 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

About the top nuts, there are usually two - one above to hold the whole strut assembly to the car. Then once you take that out, there is another holing the spring seat and bearing etc.

So, undo the top one with a ring spanner while holding with an allen key, and you can take out the whole strut. Then you can dismantle with your spring compressors. Be careful...

Not sure on the bushes sorry. Any chance of a pic?
Old 03-11-2006, 04:16 PM
needloweringblocks
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
About the top nuts, there are usually two - one above to hold the whole strut assembly to the car. Then once you take that out, there is another holing the spring seat and bearing etc.

So, undo the top one with a ring spanner while holding with an allen key, and you can take out the whole strut. Then you can dismantle with your spring compressors. Be careful...

Not sure on the bushes sorry. Any chance of a pic?
excellent. thats what i thought.

the bushes are the front suspension arm bush at the rear of the front suspension arm