Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

sandblasting/powdercoating

Search this Thread

Old 21-08-2006, 08:01 PM
digit
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sandblasting/powdercoating

hi guys can use give me a rough idea as to how much it costs to have all the underbody parts (wishbones, anti roll bars etc) sandblasted and powdercoated? cheers
Old 21-08-2006, 08:17 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive recently had my rear beam, wishbones, arb's and brackets, hub carriers front and rear, front crossmember, firewall/bulkhead panel, rs500 grills, all unerbonnet brakets, front calipers, rocker cover, roll cage, petrol tank and strap, stru brace, diff end plate, also in the batch was a pair of Transam front inner wings and other parts and also some ponitac Fiero parts...the lot owed us around 400 quid In numerous different colours ie black for suspension, red for calipers and rocker cover and strut brace and met silver for the fuel tank. All top notch work/finish and deffo worth the cost...which imo was cheap
Old 21-08-2006, 08:32 PM
digit
Part of the Furniture

mint been told on another site it would be super expensive lol just wanting front subframe, wishbones, ARB, hubs, all brackets, rear beam, ARB, and a couple of other little bits n bobs
Old 21-08-2006, 10:00 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strip your componants right down to bare items...get a load of old bolts and nuts and use them to plug up your threaded holes/studs..do as much as you can to make it easier and quicker for them and hint for a cash job and you should be ok. Anything that you dnt want powdercoating, mark up with some masking tape...things like bush mounts and suspension strut mounts will need some sheilding...they will mask off what you mark up using heat resistant tape. Deffo worth the cost and i'll be using them again. Click on my resto link below for a look at my cossie parts
Old 22-08-2006, 08:35 PM
digit
Part of the Furniture

cheers for the tips mate