Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Clipping Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 13-05-2006, 09:46 AM
projectcabby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clipping Pistons

Been on afew times, still got problems. Been building a 2 ltr zetec in my MK3 Cabbi, had it on the road for abit now chewed up a rs16i box, got a S1 box in mint condition problem solved, but while its been off the road thought we'd whip the head off. Found ive been clipping inlet valves on pistons oh no!!
Problem being im running piper 285 cams (does anyone else) twin 45's, fact pump good exhaust manifold the lot, We've double checked timming put a bigger gasket on now just just clearing. running 11-1 comp.

Do I get better pistons with cutt outs on top of pistons which should give me 4 thow extra clearance( Is that enough?) What kind of pistons?

Or buy a new head (modified?) to give me the extra that ive lost on the head, i think my engine must have had a head gasket go before i got it as ive only skimmed a max of 20 thow with 15 from my wackey cams should have still had upto 30 thow to play with, was running around in it at 12-1 comp (very luckey)
Looking at CNC Heads, anyone know of them? or anyone else??

Many thanks i'll get my pic's uploaded so you can all see what we've done

Thanks Dave