Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

alarm advice?

Search this Thread

Old 23-03-2006 | 03:57 PM
johnnvs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Default alarm advice?

Wonder if anyone can help me, i am having problems with the alarm on my s2 that i have just bought. For some reason the wire that connects to the live has been left unconnected and when i reattach it the alarm just activates and wont stop, the fob light flashs but will not disarm it. It is a clifford not sure what model. Any ideas??
Old 23-03-2006 | 05:24 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

If its a clifford theres a good chance its got an immobiliser in it. So therefore if that wire is disconnected, the car shouldn't start and run. So it sounds like the immobiliser has also been disconnected, which can only mean its fucked.....
Old 23-03-2006 | 07:43 PM
johnnvs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

looks like a brand new clifford system could be on the cards then
Old 23-03-2006 | 07:49 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Get a Toad mate, ive heard a lot of rumours abouot Cliffords packing up, and all the posts ive seen on here alarm related are clifford. Toad AI606 mate.......put a poll up and see what everyone else thinks, i bet Toad comes out higher, i have one
Old 24-03-2006 | 01:54 PM
xr-stu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

is it all totally wired in appart from the live?

disconnect the battery earth, then wire in the perm live and connect up the earth again. it shouldnt arm straight away but make sure the door is open but the switch is depressed and keyfob is safely in your hand just in case

there should be a small button in the loom for it hidden somewhere, find this button, if it goes off again when connect up the live then put the ignition on, with the ignition on hold this button down, should disarm the alarm after about 3 seconds.

if that disarms it then try arming it again with the fob. chances are the fobs fooked or something...
Old 24-03-2006 | 02:37 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by xr-stu
is it all totally wired in appart from the live?

disconnect the battery earth, then wire in the perm live and connect up the earth again. it shouldnt arm straight away but make sure the door is open but the switch is depressed and keyfob is safely in your hand just in case

there should be a small button in the loom for it hidden somewhere, find this button, if it goes off again when connect up the live then put the ignition on, with the ignition on hold this button down, should disarm the alarm after about 3 seconds.

if that disarms it then try arming it again with the fob. chances are the fobs fooked or something...
What alarm is that for Thatcam category alarms dont usually have buttons hidden etc and how its connected to my knowledge doesnt usually make a difference?