Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

Bedfordshire Ford Meet?? Serious post - Your opinions are needed

Search this Thread

Old 15-07-2009, 05:48 PM
PSL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedfordshire Ford Meet?? Serious post - Your opinions are needed

I recently helped start a Ford meet on the 2nd Sunday of each month at a pub located in Bedfordshire. Although the turnout has been good I feel it's still a long way from where it should be considering the sheer number of tasty Fords I see in the area and how good the weather has been. There was an initial influx of new people but the last couple of months hasn't seen that many new members in attendance.

I'm after thoughts of those in and around the area as to what type of meet you would attend, suitable dates, suitable times, suitable venues and how often you would commit to being at one if it was put on.

I guess this is a chance for anybody on here to create the type of meet they want and meet other owners and enthusiasts in the area.

It would also be good to get some stuff going on locally as apart from the meet on a Wednesday in White Lion Retail Park Dunstable there isn't much else that goes on.

There has to be other frustrated owners who would meet up and go for the odd blast when the weather is nice.

Let me know your thoughts or PM me if you don't want to post on this thread. Let's see what we can create.
Old 19-07-2009, 03:33 PM
RSLUBBY
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

why not come to our bedsrsoc meetings that already exist for the bedfordshire peploe 3rd monday of the month in clophill loads of us there dont see the point in two beds groups and we have alot to offer
Old 21-07-2009, 08:03 AM
fordghiarsxrboy
Part of the Furniture

is it just an rs meet at clophill as i run a 16.ghia orion xr4i and a citrine mondeo so not of the rs marquee.although i have driven past when it was at the flying horse clophill and popped in.it would be handy to alternate locations as some people work late start late etc so clophill is sort of in the middle of bedford and luton.perhaps luton one month clophill the next???????????????
Old 24-07-2009, 03:37 PM
PSL

Originally Posted by RSLUBBY
why not come to our bedsrsoc meetings that already exist for the bedfordshire peploe 3rd monday of the month in clophill loads of us there dont see the point in two beds groups and we have alot to offer
I used to come but since I changed jobs I cannot make Monday's anymore hence why I've not been for a good while.

Also I have a few friends that like to show at the likes of Ford Fair etc but cannot show with BEDS RSOC as they don't have RS's
Old 24-07-2009, 07:46 PM
RSLUBBY
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Plenty of people are on our stands with other brands than ford which i dont get as its a ford club. Plenty of people come in other cars than ford you dont have to have an rs and we have moved down the road since the refurb. Turn right at the pub two pubs down the road youll see us in the car park.

Cheers

Ian
Old 24-07-2009, 09:13 PM
PSL

Originally Posted by RSLUBBY
Plenty of people are on our stands with other brands than ford which i dont get as its a ford club. Plenty of people come in other cars than ford you dont have to have an rs and we have moved down the road since the refurb. Turn right at the pub two pubs down the road youll see us in the car park.

Cheers

Ian
Ok, it always used to be RS only as I tried to bring my ex in her ST and couldn't before.

The fact your just down the road still doesn't help me though as I still can't make a Monday night lol