Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

My white 4x4 sapphire cosworth re-build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:21 PM
chrisa3
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by timewellnick
I have a question, I am putting the engine loom back into place under the bonnet, I have all the sensors connected apart from one which I can't see or remember where it is!

I assume its a coolant temp sensor wire for the gauge in the dash, small brown and white wire and it pushes on a threaded sensor like the oil pressure switch, but where is it? I have connected the blue sensor at the back of the head, I assume its near that as the wire comes out the loom with it?

Someone help please
dash temp sensor on a 4x4 is next to the water temp sensor. back of the head , inlet side. tucked away nicely so you cant see it
The following users liked this post:
timewellnick (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 07:40 PM
cozzy jeff
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisa3
dash temp sensor on a 4x4 is next to the water temp sensor. back of the head , inlet side. tucked away nicely so you cant see it
cheers chris lol.
The following users liked this post:
timewellnick (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 07:48 PM
timewellnick
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys, I was starting to think I had missed something. I will try and find it again in the morning.

Personally I think I would have put the sensor where you can actually see it lol, but nothing is ever simple
Old 11-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Cos500
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Great work, I long for garage space like that, can't even fit down the side of my car
Old 17-01-2017, 07:42 PM
timewellnick

Hi again guys, sorry for lack of updates, xmas etc was very busy but I did manage to get quite a bit done on the car.

Tonight should have been the night to start it for the first time, but it didn't want to know

I have fuel up to the rail and a good charged battery etc but it won't fire.
I suspected a sensor was round the wrong way, the only two I could have got confused is the knock sensor and phase sensor.

Thing is whilst trying to swap these two over, two of the wires came out of one of the plugs - but worryingly easily!!

The wires are green/yellow and black/red, does anyone know which sensor this one is by the wire colours? And does it matter which way the wires go back on the plug?
Old 18-01-2017, 03:53 PM
c20tbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Some had that sensor beside the blue one, others at front left as prior comment, there will be grub screws in head so you can fit in either position
Old 18-01-2017, 04:10 PM
timewellnick

I have just come in from the workshop, and it still won't start. I have temporarily repaired the wires into the sensor, which having scoured the internet is the phase sensor, so I did have them round the wrong way.

It has a spark, and I have put my injector noid light tester into the end of the injector wire, and it lights up, so its getting a signal to fire the injectors.

It then dawned on me, the petrol tank is brand new and I only have put a gallon of fuel in as I only have one jerry can lol, could it just be there isn't enough fuel in the tank?
The other thing is I have put the fuel feed to the end of the rail, and the return onto the hose which comes from underneath the fuel pressure regulator, I assume this is right?
Old 18-01-2017, 07:50 PM
timewellnick

It is running now, I managed to get the fuel pipes round the wrong way aswell lol

The engine hasn't run in about a year, it ran nicely when I took it out. It runs nicely, but there is a rattling noise, could this be the hydraulic lifters? It's not a very nice noise and its pretty loud.

The power steering pump is empty, would this cause a noise too? I have only run it about 4 times and for a few seconds each time.

Also strangely the dash lights (battery, oil, abs, handbrake, fuel, screenwash etc) went out for a bit, and then came back on?