Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Can I have a turbo? - Fiesta MK6

Search this Thread

Old 16-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Al Fowler
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I have a turbo? - Fiesta MK6

Hi,

When it comes to how a car work im as dumb as they come...

I recently bought my first car - A Fiesta MK6, 1.4 Petrol, 04 plate with just under 50,000 on the clock.
Apart from a dinge on the right front wheel arch and another small dinge on the drivers door it is a minter.
It has got lowered suspension and 17" alloys...apart from that everything is as standard

This is where the pathetic part comes into play....I want my car to make that awsome noise a turbo makes when you change gear.....the 'tisssss' noise.
Im not into these load as hell chavvy exhausts, and i know for what i want its going to set me back a pretty penny or two.

So, is it as simple as fitting a turbo to the car, or is my dream about to be shattered and I cant have it for a 1.4?

Any advise greatly accepted, and sorry for being such a novice.

Cheers, Alex.
Old 16-04-2010, 04:59 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Not for a 1.4 mate unfortunately no. What you can do is a buy something that has been proven and designed to take a turbo charger for example like a Focus RS 2.0 Zetec Turbo engine or a 2.0 duratec with a turbo conversion. And yes both will not be cheap at all unfortunately. Good few thousands you will need.
Old 16-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Saaamon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Learn how to look after and maintain your car for the next year or so then go out and buy something thats already turbo'd.
Old 16-04-2010, 05:12 PM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

you should stop watching my videos on the internet mate!

Yes you can have one but it aint cheap infact I think my old car is for sale -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1608068.htm

IT'd be alot cheaper if you just bought that instead but you have to look after her she's my baby
Old 16-04-2010, 05:31 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seen as you are on your first car i assume you are still young and have no no claims bonus.

in which case dont bother thinking about big mods such as turbo conversions and engine conversions as most insurers wont insure you and if you dont declare the mods to your insurer your gonna get fucked over if you have a crash as the company will either say it was null and void cos you didnt declare and therefore wont pay out and you'll ge done for no insurance and banned

OR

you will have to pay an extorsionate amount to them before they will pay out.

also get some experiance under your belt first as its too easy to spend thousands on your first car and then go and crash it!

may not be the advice you want to hear mate but it only takes a few mph too quick on a wet road and you've rolled it into a field completely destroying it!!!