Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

F888TEV Underside and bay paint/resto (New carbon fiber door card inserts)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by andycos
Depends what you want from it Jay.
If you want a show car that you will spend more time polishing than driving, then wait for some more money to come in and get a top notch paint job done,or:

Give it a paint job in your garage, and then drive it how you want to.Er, to a degree
I reckon you could turn out a decent respray yourself,then get out and use it. You know you want to
Yuo have kinda read my mind,

thats what i was thinking as soon as i spend big money on a paint job the car will stay in the garage n only come out for shows, thats not what i bought it for,

any1 else??
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
James_RScos
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liking this mate, top work, keep it going!!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:47 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tev if i lived closer i'd come and paint it for you. an as for ebay.. believe me the bargain's do turn up!! twice for me!!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by cossie690
tev if i lived closer i'd come and paint it for you. an as for ebay.. believe me the bargain's do turn up!! twice for me!!
sure you dont fancy painting it, i can come and pick you up

lol
Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Tev
sure you dont fancy painting it, i can come and pick you up

lol

it'll be a long run for you mate. i'm in the shetland isles..

i far prefer helping out with other folk's car's to working on my own car!!

that's why it's been off the road since 2005..
Old 11-07-2009, 09:54 AM
xrmalin
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What id say is bolt it all back together polish it up and use it as is if you decide after driveing it for abit you really cant live with the paint its easy enough to rub it down and blow it over your probably talking a weekends work to rub it down and paint it then leave it in the garage through the week to harden and your away again.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

it'll be a long run for you mate. i'm in the shetland isles..

i far prefer helping out with other folk's car's to working on my own car!!

that's why it's been off the road since 2005..
dont worry fella, i have a sick focus thats in the middle of a re-build, need to ru the engine in when its done lol

hurry up and finish yours then lol
Old 11-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by xrmalin
What id say is bolt it all back together polish it up and use it as is if you decide after driveing it for abit you really cant live with the paint its easy enough to rub it down and blow it over your probably talking a weekends work to rub it down and paint it then leave it in the garage through the week to harden and your away again.

yer thats what im thinking,
Old 11-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Tevscoffeemachine
Virgin

Yeah, what he said ^^
You know it`s all protected underneath etc. so there`s no rush.
I`d wait till you get back from the ring then think about it, I doubt you`d enjoy the ring that much with thousands of pounds painted on it recently.
Also I`ve been well impressed with the painting you`ve done at home and you seem to have a never ending pot of moonstone.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:18 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Tev
dont worry fella, i have a sick focus thats in the middle of a re-build, need to ru the engine in when its done lol

hurry up and finish yours then lol
lol alway's something..

i was suposed to be working on it this wkend. but it's me birthday today so am getting lashed instead.

gonna be working on it through the week now..
Old 11-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

lol alway's something..

i was suposed to be working on it this wkend. but it's me birthday today so am getting lashed instead.

gonna be working on it through the week now..
well happy birthday fella, enjoy!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Tevscoffeemachine
Yeah, what he said ^^
You know it`s all protected underneath etc. so there`s no rush.
I`d wait till you get back from the ring then think about it, I doubt you`d enjoy the ring that much with thousands of pounds painted on it recently.
Also I`ve been well impressed with the painting you`ve done at home and you seem to have a never ending pot of moonstone.

you pipe down haha

That never ending pot of moonstone has turend out to be completly the wrong shade of moonstone,

its always looked slightly darker but since painting the bumper its really shown up how off it is,
Old 11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
yappstar
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Tev
Right guys i need yuor opinions.............

Ive been working on the car tonight, and ive come to the conclusion that im really not that happy wwith the car,

After all the hard work thats been done theirs 1 thing thats really letting the car down, its the paint work its never been the best paint job, but after putting new freshly painted part back on it, it really shows up how tatty the car really is, now these r my options......................

1. stop the resto completly save a large sum of cash n send the car off to blue oval garage,

2 just carry on bolting the car back together, drive it like i stole it, enjoy the hard work including going to the ring, then worry about things when my tired lump expires,

or

3 give the car a lick of paint in my garage, it wont b the best job but it will really tidy the car up, but i stand the chance of missing going to the ring in october

all opinions welcome?
Number 2 mate!!! its hardly a shed!!!

As per the guys above, if you mint it all up you'll never drive it

Not that you do much anyway
Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Tevscoffeemachine
Virgin

Originally Posted by Tev
you pipe down haha

That never ending pot of moonstone has turend out to be completly the wrong shade of moonstone,

its always looked slightly darker but since painting the bumper its really shown up how off it is,
You worry too much J.
It`ll fade to the same colour as the rest in about ten years or so. Erm, if it comes out of the garage that is.
[ A.D. realises he`s just left himself open to comments about when his car will come out of the garage and promptly shuts the F.U.]
Hows the finish on the bumper, and would you be satisfied with that on the rest?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

You worry too much J.
It`ll fade to the same colour as the rest in about ten years or so. Erm, if it comes out of the garage that is.
[ A.D. realises he`s just left himself open to comments about when his car will come out of the garage and promptly shuts the F.U.]
Hows the finish on the bumper, and would you be satisfied with that on the rest?
the finish is absolutly amazing i really dont think you could get better when painting in the garage,

as for it fading trust me no amount of fade will fix this, wait till you see it,

haha mate can you actually remwember what its like to drive your car,
?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Default up-date time

Ok guys its time fot a little update,

its been a slow but productve couple of weeks, just a case of tidying loads of shitty jobs up that need finishing off before the engine can go back in, first off the interiour went in,

(roll cage now bolted in)

I
wanted to Relace the carpet while doing this resto as mine is just diry and i managed to burn a hole in it with a slodering iron but after thinking about it i decided its not worth it
9and the fact i needed to cut the carpet for the cage)

Next up was the arch liners

What a mission to clean these up, its amazing what 20yrs on the road does to plasic, but thanks to simon,a brick load of pannel wipe and a heat gunthey came up a treat

After struggling with paint re-acting on platic the liners was plastic primerd then painted in a simple dull bumper paint

job done a little excessive but all good

And finallly all the painting has now been finished, im sick of flattin,cleaning,mopping etc.

Primer (acid etch, high build primer)

Tank

My air box that was mint but had to be painted

And the finished articals with a couple of other bits that needed re-painting due to the most shocking colour match

so what do you think??

more pics to follow

cheers jay
Old 02-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Nearly for got the bumpers been re-painted as wll

Ive also started fitting the hydrolic clutch

And the underside of the bonnet has been given a good lick of paint after it looked like crap

Looks like the bonnet usd to be on a white saph

Anyway a session with some scotch bright to key it up

its been high build primerd an painted, pics to follow
Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Tevscoffeemachine
Virgin

Give me a "J" , J
what have you got ? erm, Hows it going J?
Anywho, I`m a bit drunk again and I just replied to someones thread about the last episode of topgear especially the last bit and I`m a bit scared to go and see what replies there were about what I put but heyho it needed saying.
Right, first of all you`ve decided to paint your shitguards.
Where`s the OMG I`ve got too much time on my hands smiley?
Secondly, you`ve painted your airbox,
again,
which was mint before you painted it the first time.
I could go on but more importantly, I spoke to Mister C earlier on the phone and he was getting picked up by an AA truck on the way back from Santa Pod. So did he get home? god knows, it sounded like he`s got more power than clutch but hopefully he`s alright. Anyway if you keep painting things to too high a standard I`ll stop making you coffee.
Apart from that, keep up the good work. Oh yeah, we have some half decent jumps over at Barwell now but probably not as good as those by the M69 island. So get the Orange sorted.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:32 PM
jonnyrsturbo
is half man, half amazin'

looking good
Old 02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Give me a "J" , J
what have you got ? erm, Hows it going J?
Anywho, I`m a bit drunk again and I just replied to someones thread about the last episode of topgear especially the last bit and I`m a bit scared to go and see what replies there were about what I put but heyho it needed saying.
Right, first of all you`ve decided to paint your shitguards.
Secondly, you`ve painted your airbox,
again,
which was mint before you painted it the first time.
I could go on but more importantly, I spoke to Mister C earlier on the phone and he was getting picked up by an AA truck on the way back from Santa Pod. So did he get home? god knows, it sounded like he`s got more power than clutch but hopefully he`s alright. Anyway if you keep painting things to too high a standard I`ll stop making you coffee.
Apart from that, keep up the good work. Oh yeah, we have some half decent jumps over at Barwell now but probably not as good as those by the M69 island. So get the Orange sorted.

easy fella.

the paint results we r getting now rwicked, the air box was min until the paint cracked

how long before we r painting urs??

winner i have sorted the orange out i tink a little jump session is in order, next weekend any good for you??

as for mr c thats what you get for running a second hand clutch

Originally Posted by jonnyrsturbo
looking good
thank you fella
Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

small update

done loads of tiding up odds and sod today, as usual i forgot to take pics but this is how the car looed when finished

Old 03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
xrmalin

Still looking good pal i like it how rich as skillfully managed to hind his face in all the pictures lol when you finishing that clutch off so the engine can go back in ?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Still looking good pal i like it how rich as skillfully managed to hind his face in all the pictures lol when you finishing that clutch off so the engine can go back in ?

im just waiting on my dad to machine the last couple of bits then its all systems go, should b done some time this weeks, need to give the engine a quick lick of paint as well
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

All paying off now Jay, wont be long now fella, hope it all goes problem free from now on dude....
Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Staffi.
All paying off now Jay, wont be long now fella, hope it all goes problem free from now on dude....
cheers sir, im no countin the chickens befor they hatch though, loads left to do in a short time, watch this space
Old 04-08-2009, 02:03 AM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just said i dont like my pics taken lol

plus half the timei havnt realised they have taken them of me

but i dont care anymore so they can take pics of me all they want, i think they each have a personal collection of me hidden somewhere becuase i am so good to them working on taxis all the time
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking good

Brian
Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Default Sad day

Really small update

its been a really sad day today, first off the engine has left the kitchen no more using it as a make shift coffee tabel, but the biggest shock of all is the fish washers has Gone Real no more late night cleaning sessions for me, altough i belive its gone to a good home

on a lighter note my re-con drive shafts turned up, an amazin service as the was only collectd yesterday, the look ok but not up to my bufty standards nothing a quick lick of paint wont sort,

will stick pics up tomorrow
Old 05-08-2009, 11:21 PM
screemin
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Tev
Really small update

its been a really sad day today, first off the engine has left the kitchen no more using it as a make shift coffee tabel, but the biggest shock of all is the fish washers has Gone Real no more late night cleaning sessions for me, altough i belive its gone to a good home

on a lighter note my re-con drive shafts turned up, an amazin service as the was only collectd yesterday, the look ok but not up to my bufty standards nothing a quick lick of paint wont sort,

will stick pics up tomorrow
Sorry to hear about the fishwasher mate - I'm sure it's gone to a good home
Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Been working on the car today, didnt really get to much done, cleand up a couple of bit's fitted the mirrors, painted the block bla bla bl

But the best thing today was screemin turning up with everything need for a amazin BBQ what a leg end,

so much of a legnd i will forgive him for doing this to the number plate on my van

Cheers fella
Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 PM
screemin

Why do you think i told you to go down the shop in my chavvy escort

When you ordering a dump valve for the taxi ?!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:46 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hes already got the chav valve, hes been polishing it for years keeping it nice and clean lol

good man for bringing the bbq though mate

and im surprised i didnt get the blame for the plate lol, i forgot all about it until i seen that pic
Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

looking good
Old 10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

The chav valve has been sitting on the coffee table waiting to be put on the car fo months,

just need to powder coated black
Old 13-08-2009, 07:11 PM
frs2208

here's OCD to the max;

just got home from work to find jay mopping his exhaust

Old 15-08-2009, 10:42 AM
xrmalin

Ow dear i thought he was joking about doing that lol
Old 15-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

He could of done the Window Ledge too
Old 15-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Ow dear i thought he was joking about doing that lol
nope its true i have ocd

Originally Posted by Staffi.
He could of done the Window Ledge too
fuck the house that can wait, haha i dont have time for painting windows

Well for a 5 year old zorst i think its come up quite well

Old 15-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Tell you what mate, that looks awesome...

You,re a PROPER bufty now fella.....

Call me about you know what in 2 weeks time Jay??
Old 23-08-2009, 01:14 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

a big up to u mate the car looks awsome well done

Quick Reply: F888TEV Underside and bay paint/resto (New carbon fiber door card inserts)