Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Ag motorsport carbon focus cossie **** bhp time attack sept 2013

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m4dyeti
Im sorry but looking at that jig with 3 sides and a roof, its madness, purely insane to attempt to do this.......

......yet, so exciting in the same breath.

I seriously cannot see how on earth you begin to place things out such as, height of transmission, engine, suspension. . etc
Truly astonishing but we all know Andy and team are more than capable on this.

you best keep this thread documented to the hour Carlo....its a different league now, hardly a bloody restoration,rebuild or a poxy project...

its the making of the car Ford need to build.
second that
Old 11-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mental, I love that
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

its getting there
Old 11-12-2007, 09:07 AM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

totally awesome
Old 11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
RS500
Advanced PassionFord User

Kick ass project this wil be very insane when it's ready.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

is the roof a steel one
Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

will he be taking it to gatebil to chuck it about over there??

Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jacko
is the roof a steel one
is steel just now but when its complete it will be carbon as will the rear 1/4 's
and doors with ally bonnet and tailgate
Old 11-12-2007, 04:55 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nice one you going to do it black then
Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 PM
McGoo 69

love it its gonna be another sweet build
Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 PM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by smitsturbo

yes thinkin about it
Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
ÖmerRS

is all the chasis space frame?

excellent project.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
MattPym
Bothuurd

Originally Posted by NEEDFORSPEED
Originally Posted by m4dyeti
Im sorry but looking at that jig with 3 sides and a roof, its madness, purely insane to attempt to do this.......

......yet, so exciting in the same breath.

I seriously cannot see how on earth you begin to place things out such as, height of transmission, engine, suspension. . etc
Truly astonishing but we all know Andy and team are more than capable on this.

you best keep this thread documented to the hour Carlo....its a different league now, hardly a bloody restoration,rebuild or a poxy project...

its the making of the car Ford need to build.
second that
Third I'm such a sheep
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by andrewg
Originally Posted by smitsturbo

yes thinkin about it
Oh man I wanna see that
Old 17-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Any updates???
Old 17-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Nice to see a start on the build! As Luke says it's a fookin mental project!
Old 20-12-2007, 02:50 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

awesome this is gonna destroy pretty much everything
Old 21-12-2007, 03:54 AM
Time Attack

Originally Posted by carlo
Not sure mate i would need to ask him or he will read this & reply im sure they pissed him off last year saying his car could compete then phoning him a few nights before saying he wasnt allowed but not sure if thats why he isnt building a car for it.
Awesone looking car he's building again

Oh and to clarify we never pissed Andrew off intentionally (and neither did he piss us off by entering without checking the tech regs) it was just one of thse thing!!!! his car never fitted the rules of TA and it was only once we started looking at pics of his car to put up on the website did we realise the car didnt confrm and we contacted him immediately.

While I'm here the reason for no space framing in TA is simple....cost....and the way that we want to keep the cars entered as true to chassis road manufactured as poss, ok this is and will be pushed to the limits (as seen by the Autosportif Subaru this year) but its all about reducing the risks of too much money being thrown into a project that could destroy the rest of the field and so spoil the basis of it all, this is why we dont allow slicks as well because the Series is 'street based' and always will be

I saw Andrews car at the Performance Ford day at Brands and it looks the nuts and rest assured if we ever have a Superduperletshaveanythinggoestothemaxmodified TA Class then he's someone I'd love to see put down some times

Glen
Old 21-12-2007, 09:18 AM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Time Attack
Not sure mate i would need to ask him or he will read this & reply im sure they pissed him off last year saying his car could compete then phoning him a few nights before saying he wasnt allowed but not sure if thats why he isnt building a car for it.

Oh and to clarify we never pissed Andrew off intentionally (and neither did he piss us off by entering without checking the tech regs) it was just one of thse thing!!!! his car never fitted the rules of TA and it was only once we started looking at pics of his car to put up on the website did we realise the car didnt confrm and we contacted him immediately.

While I'm here the reason for no space framing in TA is simple....cost....and the way that we want to keep the cars entered as true to chassis road manufactured as poss, ok this is and will be pushed to the limits (as seen by the Autosportif Subaru this year) but its all about reducing the risks of too much money being thrown into a project that could destroy the rest of the field and so spoil the basis of it all, this is why we dont allow slicks as well because the Series is 'street based' and always will be

I saw Andrews car at the Performance Ford day at Brands and it looks the nuts and rest assured if we ever have a Superduperletshaveanythinggoestothemaxmodified TA Class then he's someone I'd love to see put down some times

Glen
i'd still argue that the old car is not a space frame.

and i'm sure there is other people out there that has spent more money than me
Old 21-12-2007, 09:31 AM
James_RScos

Seen the first car a couple of times this year on track and it was the most amazing car iv layed my eyes on one hell of a beast made me stand on end never mind my hair...... and i though you could'nt improve on perfection.... well im wrong a 100 times over then arnt i.

stunning work mate..... i should think every man and his dog would give there right arm to own something like that, your very talented its one thing to take a sierra or ecsort and mod it and big brake it.... BUT to build a car from scratch like your doing thats something special.

Great work well done.
Old 21-12-2007, 09:59 AM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by James_RScos

Seen the first car a couple of times this year on track and it was the most amazing car iv layed my eyes on one hell of a beast made me stand on end never mind my hair...... and i though you could'nt improve on perfection.... well im wrong a 100 times over then arnt i.

stunning work mate..... i should think every man and his dog would give there right arm to own something like that, your very talented its one thing to take a sierra or ecsort and mod it and big brake it.... BUT to build a car from scratch like your doing thats something special.

Great work well done.
cheers. i like to keep progressing with the car i build and do something different
Old 21-12-2007, 12:24 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

awesome mate, completly awesome, might want a focus converting caging in the new year. so will give you a call sometime february
shame you cant enter time attack, youd destroy everything completly

James
Old 21-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Time Attack

Glen

Lets agree to disagree

And there are some that have spent a lot less money and time

Its a merry go round

Glen
Old 21-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Glen

Lets agree to disagree

Its a merry go round

Glen
I find it amazing you let norris with his chop roof one off with the engine round the wrong way enter but not the focus shame

im hope reyland gets his car dialled in kicks some major arse next year
Old 23-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Time Attack

Originally Posted by Kev.H

Glen

Lets agree to disagree

Its a merry go round

Glen
I find it amazing you let norris with his chop roof one off with the engine round the wrong way enter but not the focus shame

Actually Simon shortening the wheelbase on his car and chooping his roof made his car actually less of a competitive weapon around certain tracks than cutting the front, rear and floor out off his car and remaking it all Oh and I know he's moving his engine around now but prior to this at all TA events it was transverse I'm sure !!!!!

I would LOVE to Martin sort his car and see him kicking some arse as I am sure its more than capable, actually I'd love to see any Cossie do it, I had a chat with Tommy Field at Brands as well and he may be up for it, time etc., allowing.

I'm actually a Cossie supporter at heart (essex boy and all that ) so want to see them do well so lets face it if I was going to be biased and favour anyone it would be you boys, but I wont and cant so if it fits in the rules its in and if not its not............

Glen
Old 23-12-2007, 02:24 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This thing is gonna be sooo fast!

off topic and sorry andy, but if tommy does enter time attack i reckon he would win with ease.

James
Old 23-12-2007, 02:55 PM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by James-W

off topic and sorry andy, but if tommy does enter time attack i reckon he would win with ease.

James

hope he does but he wasn't up to much at brands
Old 23-12-2007, 02:56 PM
andrewg
PassionFord Post Troll

Glen

Lets agree to disagree

Its a merry go round

Glen

Actually Simon shortening the wheelbase on his car and chooping his roof made his car actually less of a competitive weapon around certain tracks than cutting the front, rear and floor out off his car and remaking it all Oh and I know he's moving his engine around now but prior to this at all TA events it was transverse I'm sure !!!!!

I would LOVE to Martin sort his car and see him kicking some arse as I am sure its more than capable, actually I'd love to see any Cossie do it, I had a chat with Tommy Field at Brands as well and he may be up for it, time etc., allowing.

I'm actually a Cossie supporter at heart (essex boy and all that ) so want to see them do well so lets face it if I was going to be biased and favour anyone it would be you boys, but I wont and cant so if it fits in the rules its in and if not its not............

Glen

i maybe cut my floor out but it was replaced
Old 24-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

Glen

Lets agree to disagree

Its a merry go round

Glen

Glen

i maybe cut my floor out but it was replaced
Just like to add to this from a chassis builders perspective without bias, There is MORE work(this = money for my customers) in bilding a competetive TA car without cutting up the shell that there would be to build a car like Andrew's. I'm building a time attack car for someone and I can already say I've built complete chassis cars that had less time than is going into this car. If the reason is COST that there not in the class then research should have been done..

Back on topic though and I look forward to seeing this car. Great to see boundries being pushed. Well done Andrew
Old 24-12-2007, 01:11 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

There is updates on the car i just havent managed up to andrews to see it i might pop up friday
Old 24-12-2007, 06:20 PM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 24-12-2007, 09:51 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Nice!
Old 26-12-2007, 11:00 PM
BadAss Focus
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

James
your tripping!
Old 26-12-2007, 11:23 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAss Focus

James
your tripping!

I dont think he would win with ease at all ! haev you even looked at some of the cars in TA

His car has certainly got a chance of doing well, and maybe he could win it but I doubt it.

Get the pics up Carlo, this thread makes me moist
Old 28-12-2007, 03:02 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 31-12-2007, 11:20 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie
Originally Posted by Captain Mike
Carlo may l ask why he does not want to build a car to compete in Time Attack,

Mike
Because I imagine compared to the actual thrill of racing wheel to wheel its a bit dull for him.

Can't wait to see new car go
I understand the Thrill element Lee, but would the market exsposure of Time Attack not be a smart buisness move ??
Old 31-12-2007, 01:23 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Porkie
Carlo may l ask why he does not want to build a car to compete in Time Attack,

Mike
Because I imagine compared to the actual thrill of racing wheel to wheel its a bit dull for him.

Can't wait to see new car go
I understand the Thrill element Lee, but would the market exsposure of Time Attack not be a smart buisness move ??
i agree from what everyones seen he could quite easily build a car for time attack within the rules and actually win time attack. hes obviously concentrating on the new car now and funding it etc but maybe next year?
Old 31-12-2007, 02:50 PM
purplemonster
RWD PUMA :)

cant wait till this thread starts heading in the right direction and thats the build of a stunning car

rob
Old 31-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sure it'll be stunning
Old 03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Pavlo
Virgin

For every person building a spaceframed Focus to run this year, there are 10 people building equally rediculous cars specifically for TA this year. I don't think anyone will "easily" win Time Attack this year.

Quick Reply: Ag motorsport carbon focus cossie **** bhp time attack sept 2013