Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

New daily driver - Fiesta Zetec S

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts
Default New daily driver - Fiesta Zetec S

Back to having a pair of Fords

Having sold the A2 as it was feeling a bit tired, and because I found myself with an itchy V5 (and the RS wasn't going anywhere) I looked about for a new car.

After much deliberation I've stepped away from the diesel engine and gone for a fuel efficient petrol, namely a 1.0t 3 cylinder one year old Fiesta Zetec S in Pearlescent Candy Blue.

Being a picky bugger I had them recondition the alloys to "as good as new" as there were a few scrapes and a new tyre as well which they did free of charge as I was a returning customer. (The same chain of Ford franchise I got the RS from)

With 123bhp it's pretty similar to the Puma but got a bit more torque at 147lbft and weighs about the same at 1016kg.
Comes with a few toys as it's an ex demo car - Sat Nav, Keyless Mykey, DAB radio, USB, Heated front screen, rear parking sensors etc so will be good for my commute. Free VED is nice too.

Picked it up between Christmas and New Year:

A few of the for sale photos that actually show it off as it was dark when I got home!

Outside guarding his big brother:

First fuel fill up has happened now and managed 51.5mpg so can't complain. It drives really well with it's torque centered between about 1500 - 2000rpm so makes for relaxed driving which is sometimes good after a naff day at work. Compared to the RS it feels like a super smooth limo

Last edited by Dal_; 06-01-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:43 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Nice car that mate
Old 08-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Nice car. My friends got the STline version(renamed zetec s).

These fiestas are well built too. Ford must of done something right cause the fiesta has been the best selling car for years and years.
Old 14-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Got around to giving him a quick bath:

A quick bit of pre-wash whilst I get the pressure washer and buckets ready:

Didn't take much to get the shine back - there's a bit of tar and a little bit of fallout but I'll give it a full detox when the weather is warmer than 3 deg C. There's a couple of stone chips but nothing unexpected in a year old car. No paint defects, dents or scuffs which is good.

Really enjoying the drive with it's remarkable 1.0t engine that has quite a bit of torque low down. It's nice and relaxing when you want to be but has a mini rumble when you put your foot down.

But then yesterday I went out in the RS for the first time in weeks - jeez, I forgot how much fun it is!
Similar colours when they're near each other:

Old 15-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Nice looking thing that matey. There a cracking little car.