Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

New Member - Introducing my TDDi Focus

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Teribus
200,000 mile high club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Introducing my TDDi Focus

Hello boys and girls.

I have just signed up to PassionFord today - I've been surfing round for ideas for my Focus and read a few on the PF forum, so I thought it only fair that I should sign up and introduce myself. Although, anyone who's on the FFOC will probably recognise me.

I'm sure many of you won't want to know the details about me, but the basics are: I'm Chris, 26, I live in the Scottish Borders, I've been married for 18 months or so, and I work for a major bus company as a vehicle examiner / stand-in chargehand.

Now, cars. My wife and I have a joint car as a daily driver - a 2010 Suzuki Alto SZ4. Now, stop laughing, it's a good car for what we need - a little commuter which is cheap to run, the Alto scores well on this point being sub £200 insurance, £20 tax and returning 50+ MPG.

However, the vehicle of interest is my 1999 V-reg Focus TDDi Zetec. I bought her away back in October 2004, she was an ex-lease car showing almost 127,000 on the clock when I bought her. Over the six and a half years I've had her, the mods have piled on, as have the miles! My beloved Focus now has almost 203,000 miles on the clock, and she looks as good as a car with a quarter that mileage! I'll let pics do the talking:

As I said earlier, I got married in 2009, and what kind of car fanatic would I be if my car didn't appear...?

Quick spec list:

1999 Ford Focus TDDi Zetec
Engine & Transmission
1,753cc 4-cylinder 8v turbocharged & intecooled direct injection diesel engine, 90PS, K&N Panel Air Filter, Powerflow Stainless Steel Exhaust system, replacement Catalytic Convertor
5-speed MTX-75 gearbox - standard.

Body
5-door hatchback in Diamond White. Front "Ultima" skirt added to front bumper, bumper modified to accept projector fog lights. RGM splitter added to rear bumper, modified for twin exhaust and StreetKA reverse light. Colour Coded standard sideskirts, boot handle, door handles and bump strips. Ford "Collection" boot spoiler.

Lighting
ULTRA Black Angel Eye Projector headights, modified with LED sidelight rings a-la new Range Rover. Ford Crystal Clear side repeaters. ULTRA black smoked projector tail lights. StreetKA reverse light. LHD fog light. dual filament bulbs in fog lights, one for tail lamps one for fogs. Ring "Ice LED" units behind front grille. LED number plate lamps. LED interior lighting - Ghia map light, IKEA LED strips in all four footwells, Halfords LED strips above rear doors.

Chassis
17" Fox "R2" alloy wheels with 205/50/17 Bridgestone Potenza tyres. Eibach -30mm spring kit. QH LipTec gas shock absorbers all round. Eibach front Anti Roll Bar. Powerflex front wishbone bushes.

Brakes
Mintex discs & pads up front. Goodridge braided hoses. Ferodo shoes at the rear.

My car has made a few "readers cars" appearances, in "Fast & Modified" and "Fast Ford" (twice!). It also got a full page spread in the January 2010 issue of "Car Mechanics" for their 200k club slot.

I think that about covers it. Let me know what you all think

-T
Old 06-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Wow its doing well for 200,000 miles on the clock.Have you had the timing belts changed.I ,ike the 4 fit birds tood in front of you car.What is the news paper atical all about.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Teribus
200,000 mile high club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn.
Wow its doing well for 200,000 miles on the clock.Have you had the timing belts changed.I ,ike the 4 fit birds tood in front of you car.What is the news paper atical all about.
Yes I've done the timing belts It got it's first one while it was with the lease company at 100,000 miles. Then after I bought it, it got one at 150,000. And another just before 200,000 when I was replacing the fuel injection pump (I suffered the 'usual' fate of these electronic bosch VP pumps, they're well known for the electronics dying - not just a Focus problem, but anything with these VP4* series pumps)

I have pics somewhere of two far better looking girls on my bonnet at Knockhill, but it wasn't in my photobucket which is why I didn't post it.

And the newspaper article was something my wife got me for my birthday one year, there's a company online makes them up - it's quite a unique gift

-T