Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

Just found these....reminder that im lucky to be here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:57 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just found these....reminder that im lucky to be here!

Just come across these pics from an accident i was a passenger in back in 2003, and its just reminded me how lucky i am still to be here! They are old pics!
I was in this saxo on the 1st of may 2003!
Driving back into Chelmsford heading towards the army and navy and about to go over the flyover! As we reached the bottom I looked up (from the back) to see 2 people walking over it! Music was pretty loud so I had to shout at vicky (the driver) who didnt hear me, so I shouted again...a bit louder! She then noticed....slammed on her brakes which inturn locked up facing the concrete blocks at the entrance to the flyover which we inturn hit! We went up the concrete hit the pillar and rolled the car 3 times up the flyover and slid back down on the roof!!
Me and Chris were in the back both wearing seat belts...Vicky and Wayne were in the front ... not wearing seat belts....
At the the beginning...Chris was asleep until we skid....opening his eyes to concrete! I remember rolling but then thats it! I came round to Vicky shouting thru the rear quarter window at me to get out! Im hanging upside down on my seat belt!! Funny thing was my first thought was "Im in a 2 door car how the fcuk do I get out" ....not the fact Im upside down!!
I then kinda came round a bit more...tried to find the seat belt release and went head first to the floor (roof) I then crawled out of the rear quarter window...

I suffered a lil whiplash, and quite a bit of glass in my hair! Vicky the driver had a grazed elbow...where her window was open! Wayne(front passenger) took the brunt of the collison..he had a crack in a bone in his chest (and no not a rib!) lol Chris had a headache...as he was asleep he was limp! so was ok!

We were all very lucky to walk away! The police told us if we had hit 2cm to the left...none of us would be here! SO yes...VERY lucky!!!

We went and saw the car the following day and the front nearside wheel was actually 3 foot from where it should of been, i did have a load more pics but lost them when I moved!

Last edited by **caz**; 09-10-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:03 PM
AaronsKa
Regular Contributor

i could never even imagine having a car crash like that. would be frightening! but the best thing is you lived to tell the story
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

no the best thing is not only did you live but there is one less french car on the road!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AaronsKa
i could never even imagine having a car crash like that. would be frightening! but the best thing is you lived to tell the story
Yeh it certainly wasn't the best of experiences! I was a real nervous passenger afterwards, for a good few years, because I wasn't in control of the car, I wont let anyone who's driving drive over the flyover with me as a passenger anymore, I will drive over it myself now so that's one thing! Im not a nervous passenger anymore, its very rare now for me to do the invisible braking and grabbing the door handle,

Just saw the pics and reminded me Im here for a reason!

Last edited by **caz**; 09-10-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by botters
no the best thing is not only did you live but there is one less french car on the road!
so true! lol Still surprised with how it held up though tbh!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 PM
saphlover
PassionFord Post Troll

Your lucky to come out of that, I too am suprised at how well the Saxo faired.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very lucky
Old 10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
bythomson
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

id have a roll cage in all my cars after that,
my grandad is a firm believer in the "your here for a reason" philosophy ...maybe your right
Old 10-10-2010, 07:45 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

how fast were you going when you crashed?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by **caz**
As we reached the bottom I looked up (from the back) to see 2 people walking over it! Music was pretty loud so I had to shout at vicky (the driver) who didnt hear me, so I shouted again...a bit louder! She then noticed....slammed on her brakes which inturn locked up facing the concrete blocks at the entrance to the flyover which we inturn hit! We went up the concrete hit the pillar and rolled the car 3 times up the flyover and slid back down on the roof!!
How in the good fuck did the driver not notice people walking in the road and you did from the back seat?

Sounds like she shouldn't be allowed on the road.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

women drivers
Old 10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
RS2000 Jay
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

glad you werent hurt and lived to tell the tail, the saxo did suprisingly well if you ask me there a tin can!!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I don't know why she didn't, maybe from the back i could see from a different angle?! They were walking from the top towards us, but they just appeared over the brow of the slope, so i can't answer that for definate tbh
Old 11-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bloody hell... you were lucky there mind!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:07 PM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i remember rolling my xr2 we rolled it back over and managed to drive it back 3 miles with hardly any steering no windscreen or owt young and dumb really but i had no fear when i was young been in a few cars that have rolled due to a mate having a track on his land going through some woods and getting loads of old cars of people as the scrappy used to charge to come and get them lol